Total Deer Harvest.........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I am saying.... Doing it online makes it easy for everyone. If you take it way, outlaws are still going to be doing the same thing, Nothing will change.

Online can check in a buck as a doe. Go Shoot another buck. Get it home before checking online, and your good to go for another. Its kind of been the same way with lifetime license owners, but they have a stake in the fact they could loose the lifetime for an infraction.
There is no way to verify like a check station.

Yeah, there is dozens of ways to beat the system, but why add another?

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poachers are going to poach. Dishonest people will be dishonest. I didn't know of a check station that would actually lay eyes on a deer while checking unless mention was made that it was big. Most were to lazy or otherwise busy to go check.

Oklahoma was only one of a few states that still had physical check stations. This makes it so much easier on all of us that are honest and might have had to driven 15-20 miles just to check a deer in.

Yes there will be deer that aren't checked. Yes there will be people that break the law. The problem with hunters anymore is that they can't keep their mouth shut. They have to brag, text pictures, or whatever. It will catch up with them so much faster than it would have 5 years ago even. All thanks to the same technology that they are abusing the law with the online honest system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poachers are going to poach. Dishonest people will be dishonest. I didn't know of a check station that would actually lay eyes on a deer while checking unless mention was made that it was big. Most were to lazy or otherwise busy to go check.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Down here they just threw you the book and you filled it out yourself. It isn't like the person working the gas station is some kind of authoritative figure. I just like to think that everyone is honest enough to do the right thing, although I'm sure there are abuses going on, but I really don't care as long as they aren't shooting them off my land.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always figured that online checking would add to the numbers. Some guys wouldn't check in a deer simply cause there would only be one check station in the county. Now all we have to do is find a computer. I for one love the online checking.

iluvlabs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a great tool. People that break the law will break the law no matter what. Do you think gun laws keep guns out of criminals hands?

Our deer camp is 45 minutes to town. We have 5 deer in camp right now. Instea of wasting gas and time going into town to check the deer in, we simply go online and check them. Quick and easy.

huntingfool13

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In regards to the online check i guess its convenient you dont have to worry about finding a station that's open when you get your deer late in the day especially if you want to get it to the processor first thing.
Some of those little mom and pop stores used to close early that could be a problem. One thing I miss is going by the check station to see how many had been checked in on opening day. Some of the check stations had prize for the first deer checked in and prize for the biggest of the season. Times change I guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom