Trans-Siberian Orchestra ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aabokla

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it's all a personal preference thing. My wife and I like a couple of their songs, but we felt the first 2 hours of the concert were painful and just awful to sit through. If we weren't with friends we would have left. We saw other couples get up and walk out.

I think it would have been 100x better without the narration/poem thing they tried to do. That for me was the train wreck. Our friends seemed to enjoy it though.

People seem to love or hate TSO. I guess we are in the latter group. :(

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up as a metal head and I love in-your-face rock mixed with orchestra so that's why TSO appeals to me.

As a sidebar, a lot of folks only know Mannheim Steamroller for their Christmas music but they were making great tunes years before that.

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it's all a personal preference thing. My wife and I like a couple of their songs, but we felt the first 2 hours of the concert were painful and just awful to sit through. If we weren't with friends we would have left. We saw other couples get up and walk out.

I think it would have been 100x better without the narration/poem thing they tried to do. That for me was the train wreck. Our friends seemed to enjoy it though.

All of their albums are written as a rock opera and so are very story driven. That's why the first half of their concerts are done that way. I'm a big fan of their music but it does seem to drag on a bit at the beginning. The light show and second half makes it worth it to me.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Ha! That's my favorite part! We were with friends and they said they didn't care for the narration thing either. If I'd been by myself I'd have left after the story was over ... But I was with them and GC and the part after the narration was what they all liked! Different strokes for different folks, huh? :)

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

x2 awful

the last 15 muinutes was the only good part, where they play what I was expecting.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up as a metal head and I love in-your-face rock mixed with orchestra so that's why TSO appeals to me.

As a sidebar, a lot of folks only know Mannheim Steamroller for their Christmas music but they were making great tunes years before that.

One of these days I'm gonna see them ... You know, GC was a music minor in college (I was stunned! LOL) so I'm trying to get him to go to The Nutcracker this year ... I know he hates to dress up because he wears that uniform all day. So I just gotta figure out a way to get him to Men's Warehouse first, so I'll "like the way he looks" ... It's guaranteed! ;) Gotta get him outta those jeans and that sweatshirt! (God love him, I didn't marry him for his fashion sense!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom