Trout season is upon us!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the blue yesterday!! Boy did we have a great time or what. Not windy, very nice, cold in the a.m. But warmed up i was in waders and t-shirt by noon. We caught or limit (12) and then put them on ice, and went to the top of the 2 mile. Between my friend and i we must have caught 60 fish. Found a hole and if it wasnt every cast, it was every other cast we were realing them in. Had my line snapped once( 6lb) i dont know what it was, but it was big lol. Anyways this goes down as one of my best trips to the blue, didnt bother with the " camp ground" area, just fished the 2 mile all day. Every hole we stopped at we caught fish. All though i did have a leak in not 1 but both legs of my wadders so didnt get to get to all of my honey holes, but i didnt want to give my secrets to my friend either so maybe it was a "sign" lol. Be making another trip soon. Mrshooter you in next time?

goosedestroyer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy from my work told me that his cousin went fishing at Blue River and said the fishing is crazy good there right now. He caught his limit of trouts, all were 16" to 18" in under an hour. Look like I might going down there sometime soon!

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.outdoorsok.com/General/Map/Blue

I FISHED THE CARL R AND RUTH WALKER AREA(YELLOW) NORTH OF THE HWY ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE BRIDGE IS THE PARKING AREA. FISHED ALL UP AND DOWN THAT AREA. AT THE TOP OF THE 2 MILE IS THE CATCH AND RELEASE AREA ONLY(BROWN STREAM ON THE MAP) DIDNT MAKE IT THAT FAR UP, FISHED JUST ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE END OF THE (CATCH AND RELEASE AREA) HOPE THIS HELPS..

Last edited:

ultimatesooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought we would be in kingston some the week after xmas but my wife has some school stuff to do in the city that week so it looks like I will just be making a day trip down there one day if the weather cooperates

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Headed to the river on Wednesday and Thursday, anybody been this week willing to offer a report? I was also playing with the idea of doing a little small game hunting with my son on the public land down there, anybody tried it?

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No havent hunted there ever, only fished. I would assume it would be good i think the stocked it again on 12-21? Idk but you shouldn't have any problems limiting out.

ultimatesooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm heading down for the day next Wednesday or Thursday, I usually come in fome kingston but will be coming down I35 from OKC this time, is the davis exit the best place to get off 35 if I want to fish the north part by hwy 7

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never caught a trout in my life, and don't know anything about it, but I can see it being something I would enjoy to get away from all the freaking holiday idiots. Can you have any luck fishing with... I dunno, crappie rigs? Could a person use a small spinning reel and light tackle? What kinda bait would one use rigging up like that? I want to go really bad now that I sit here and ponder it, but I want to catch a fish too. One fish... that's my limit. Anything after that is a bonus, but one fish is all I want. :)

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never caught a trout in my life, and don't know anything about it, but I can see it being something I would enjoy to get away from all the freaking holiday idiots. Can you have any luck fishing with... I dunno, crappie rigs? Could a person use a small spinning reel and light tackle? What kinda bait would one use rigging up like that? I want to go really bad now that I sit here and ponder it, but I want to catch a fish too. One fish... that's my limit. Anything after that is a bonus, but one fish is all I want. :)
I don't bait fish anymore but will use the light spinning gear occasionally for trout. Just fish with worms or powerbait, you'll catch something. Hook, splitshot and bobber would work or if you fish on bottom, hook, splitshot and then slide sinker. Fishing on bottom use removable shot and wrap the line thru the shot again. Your line will be going thru the split shot twice. This will help keep your slide sinker from eventually working down to the hook. Catching stockers is easy, wild trout can be a lot tougher. Good luck, give it a try and if you like trout fishing a lot then try fly fishing. Thats what I do the majority of the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom