Truck or SUV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my 09' Silverado new, first and maybe only new vehicle of mine. Still going strong and I plan to drive it until the zombie apocalypse. I hate the payments, and with the price of them now, not sure I would want it.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both. I drive alot of miles doing what I do and haul expensive music gear around plus Im also usually hauling a bunch of people around too here and there so I need and love having my 6 yr old Denali SUV as a daily driver. My mileage aint that bad with the lil 5.3l and after adding cold air intake and custom exhaust it hauls azz too when ya need it to. No way tho would I want one of the newer midsized SUVs or 'crossovers' or whatever they call em, my wife has one and to me theyre mouse mobiles. If I need to haul stuff around town or we're taking the bikes and 4wheelers down to the farm to ride then I always keep a good ol used pickup truck around for that. I have a lifted K5 4x4 and a lil S-10 Blazer 4x4 for my winter grocery getters. Too much money in my sports cars so they dont get out much.

Last edited:

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think i've decided to stick with a truck. Narrowed it down to a couple F150's in the area that I'm going to go check out tomorrow. I know if I don't get what I want, i'm not going to be happy in 6 months.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, Ford's durability testing on the F-Series is to 250,000 miles. As long as it has been properly maintained (which is always a question on used vehicles), high mileage should be OK.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought an suv as my daily driver. As soon as I could I sold it for the truck i wanted.

I have a company vehicle now and even though I don't own it. I'm still amazed at how dang expensive these are. To get the same options my 13 f150 hd. The cost increased more than 10k.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with a truck. There are good deals out there you just have to look. Hopefully you do not need to rush into a decision. My biggest suggestion is link up with a credit union first. They have kick ass rates. We paid 1.9% apr on a 2 year old Jeep on a 5 year note. Figure out how much you are comfortable paying monthly and what term. Do not be afraid to go longer term as long as the interest is good. You can always pay down more if need be. So now you will be looking at an out the door cash price. Then you can go to the lots or classifieds with that number as your cap and see what you can find. Keep that cap to yourself, and negotiate on an out the door cash price. Educate yourself on KBB, and NADA guides to see what market pricing is. If you can be around nada wholesale then you probably have a good deal. I have heard good things about cars.com as well to find good pricing.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have both a SUV and a truck in my house, I wouldn't have it any other way.

We are looking to replace the wifes SUV in the next 2 years unless it continues to prove it is reliable, that is the hope as we really want to have her paid for and get mine paid for by the end of 2016 so we can look into buying a pleasure vehicle.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 2012 f150 v6 turbo. Awesome truck, I like it much better than my Silverado. Been looking for a diesel, there are deals out there if you look. You can do a lot more with a truck than a SUV, dirt, gravel, appliances, atvs, whatever. If you need cover get a camper.

I would love to have something like this old Power Wagon but $15k I a little steep.
image.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom