Truck or SUV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plus, I would rather take an ass whoopin than deal with a car sales man or their Stealership BS processes to buy from.

+1000. I dont know what part about it all that my mother and my wife likes. She buys a new car about every 5 years or so, trading the others in. She must show em her boobies or something because she has dealing with them down to a science and doesnt mind messing with the stealerships on her maintenance either. She was leasing when I met her and somehow I talked her into at least buying them. To me its all a big hassle dealing with them, I dont even like going there to get parts for mine but do when I have to. Ive bought one brand new vehicle for myself in my entire 30 years of driving and I paid cash for it so as not to have to deal with friggin GMAC financing or my bank but it was still a hassle dealing with them. I have bought nothing but good used since and Im happier that way. To each their own tho for those who dont mind messing with it.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, right now is a good time to locate a new 2015 truck for $10k + off MSRP. Call me crazy but I'd rather pay 40-45k for a new truck with an MSRP of 55k than 30k for one with 60k miles.

No way man. Guy across the street from me has a 2016 with all the same features my 2012 had. A few nicer things here and there but basically the same truck overall. He paid 50k for that truck, with employee pricing. Just doesn't make sense to me.

But they hold the value well. I can't seem to find anything under 28k for a 4x4 F150. I'm looking at one with 100k miles on it and about half of what I owed on my old truck. That might just win it for me.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are talking about used trucks with 60k on them for $30 grand and I'm thinking for that money I can buy the brand new Maxima or Camaro SS for that amount. Brand New! Trucks are over the top crazy expensive.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are talking about used trucks with 60k on them for $30 grand and I'm thinking for that money I can buy the brand new Maxima or Camaro SS for that amount. Brand New! Trucks are over the top crazy expensive.

(The new Maxima NISMO coupe is pretty badazz and really cool looking. Same engine as my Infinity G35. $30k standard base to $45k at the high end.)

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol expensive. Tricked out f250 books near $80k. Resale on f150 isn't bad, had mine for four years and kbb is $13k less.

Might sell mine if anyone's interested, been eyeing a dually. But I would want around $38k

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol expensive. Tricked out f250 books near $80k. Resale on f150 isn't bad, had mine for four years and kbb is $13k less.

Might sell mine if anyone's interested, been eyeing a dually. But I would want around $38k
Funny you mention a dually, I got one of those for $15k I'll sell ya.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The depreciation when it leaves the lot can be someone elses hit, not mine. I paid $29k for a truck that was a year old and it stickered for $47k It had 29k miles and was a year old. This was a no brainer.

My wife's 2012 truck MSRP was 48k. Paid 38k and now with 64,000 miles it's worth right at 30k. Even trucks like hers with 100k are 25k all day long. So here 3 years and 64k miles later, I'm down 8 grand. I've seen worse deals.

You just have to buy them right. Ya, if you pay MSRP or close to it, you will lose your a$$. But it right and get it paid off in a timely manner and you've got good equity which can let you trade for a new vehicle for pretty damned reasonable.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife's 2012 truck MSRP was 48k. Paid 38k and now with 64,000 miles it's worth right at 30k. Even trucks like hers with 100k are 25k all day long. So here 3 years and 64k miles later, I'm down 8 grand. I've seen worse deals.

You just have to buy them right. Ya, if you pay MSRP or close to it, you will lose your a$$. But it right and get it paid off in a timely manner and you've got good equity which can let you trade for a new vehicle for pretty damned reasonable.

Never trade, get double screwed unless you get a great deal on finance.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way man. Guy across the street from me has a 2016 with all the same features my 2012 had. A few nicer things here and there but basically the same truck overall. He paid 50k for that truck, with employee pricing. Just doesn't make sense to me.

But they hold the value well. I can't seem to find anything under 28k for a 4x4 F150. I'm looking at one with 100k miles on it and about half of what I owed on my old truck. That might just win it for me.

The ultra premium models like the platinum f-150 will depreciate quite a bit more than say the regular old lariat. Because you're right, they are essentially them same thing. However, I don't care about engineering this that or the other. Once you get past 100k, there will be problems. They may not be major but the way they are built anymore, even minor repairs are quite expensive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom