Truck or SUV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK & TX are the hottest markets for used trucks, always have been. I brought one home from Chicago several years back and saved $5k-$6k over what anyone would sell the same truck to me here. I was going to be there on business anyway so the gas and trip home were my only expenses. Having said that, expand your search a little more and you might find better pricing.

I've heard the same. We had a thread on here awhile back about pricing zones or whatever the factory calls them. Go to north to find the cheapest deal was the consensus.

I started out with a Lariat Bronco, circa 82. I dragged so many deer and rabbits through that back hatch, that the blood stains would not go away in the carpet or on the paint. When I sold it, the beige tailgate was stained brown. Car Wash wouldn't take it off. They got it cheap.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK & TX are the hottest markets for used trucks, always have been. I brought one home from Chicago several years back and saved $5k-$6k over what anyone would sell the same truck to me here. I was going to be there on business anyway so the gas and trip home were my only expenses. Having said that, expand your search a little more and you might find better pricing.

My last 5 vehicles I have bought far from here. Avoid salty areas. Get bumper to bumper if possible. Sight unseen is nothing to fear if you are buying from good individual with GOOD RECORDS.
Get the truck. You wont regret it. Bed cover or camper shell if your age allows...haha.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, right now is a good time to locate a new 2015 truck for $10k + off MSRP. Call me crazy but I'd rather pay 40-45k for a new truck with an MSRP of 55k than 30k for one with 60k miles.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, right now is a good time to locate a new 2015 truck for $10k + off MSRP. Call me crazy but I'd rather pay 40-45k for a new truck with an MSRP of 55k than 30k for one with 60k miles.

I'm not with you on this one. That's ~30-50% more for 60K miles. Generally, those trucks were never worth even close to 55K anyways... IMO.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^This. You can get 'em for closer to $25k or less under 50k miles. You ask me, half the price or less for 50k miles? I'll take it.

The depreciation when it leaves the lot can be someone elses hit, not mine. I paid $29k for a truck that was a year old and it stickered for $47k It had 29k miles and was a year old. This was a no brainer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom