Tulsa selling confiscated guns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to a Tulsa police auction in the late 70's where they sold guns, along with a lot of other stuff. I was only interested in shotguns at the time.

I was in OK Police Supply and they had a bunch of guns they purchased from a small town police dept in OKlahoma. A few quality guns, a lot of cheap guns and a lot of guns that were beat up. The long guns were in pretty bad shape with rust, abuse, and alterations.

Given that a FFL would buy the lot and a background check would be necessary for an individulal to buy from him, it still would leave the door open for a individual to buy a gun(s) at a cheap price and sell for a nice profit on the street. This is the danger I see. I saw a special that said sellers would head back east and make arrangements to be on a given corner in NJ at 3:00, open their trunk, and sell guns to anyone for a big mark up.

I would not like Tulsa to put a bunch of $50 - $250 guns on the market, junk guns, that the punks would buy for only one reason - armed assualty and armed robbery. At the same time, I hate destroying quality guns, I would like a chance to pay a fair price for quality guns and put them to good use plus Tulsa could use the money.

I really hate to see quality shotguns without alterations that probalby were stolen be melted down. These long guns aren't the first choice of the punks and I would like a chance to buy them.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the most part my experience wasn't all that good with police auctions.
Or any auction where guns were sold for that matter.
People would get in pizzing contest and the prices woud go thru the roof.

But once again it did generate funds for the department.

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For my part, I should like to purchase the following from the Tulsa PD.....a 6" Python (blue or nickel) in nice shape, a 4" .38 Diamondback (either finish, also in fine condition), a 3.5" Model 27 and a Winchester Model 21 Pigeon Grade.....I would be happy to pay $1000.00US for the lot.....I'm serious.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they want them to go to responsible gun owners, maybe we should talk the mayor into joining OSA and selling them in the classifieds. :)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I would GIVE if DPS would do this ... GC goes every once in a while to help with disposal ... some of the guns (not to mention the pot! LOL) that they have destroyed would make you sick to your stomach ...

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the Tulsa World, quoting Terry Simonson:

"KPMG [consultants recommending changes to city services] simply looked at every service area of the city with four lenses: mandate, alignment, structure and performance, he said.

"But there's a fifth lens, and that's our lens," Simonson said. "It will be what we look through for community values, community importance and community priorities.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=483&articleid=20100920_11_A1_ULNSud222348"

Could he sound like any more of a hack politician and a rube? Good grief.

permafrost

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For my part, I should like to purchase the following from the Tulsa PD.....a 6" Python (blue or nickel) in nice shape, a 4" .38 Diamondback (either finish, also in fine condition), a 3.5" Model 27 and a Winchester Model 21 Pigeon Grade.....I would be happy to pay $1000.00US for the lot.....I'm serious.

They made a 3.5" Model 27? I did not know that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom