Tulsa selling confiscated guns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is one of the ways the guy at Summit Gunbroker gets his guns, along with estate sales, police trade-ins, etc.

Too bad the confiscated guns are always made by Bryco or Jennings or some crap. I guess the criminals smart enough to roll with Sigs are too smart to get caught.

E: Just went there and ARRRRRGH of course he gets in some Colt Cobras and Official Polices when I don't have any fscking gun money.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they have a deal with the Feds that prevents them from selling guns. IIIRC, they used to sell them to dealers at the Wannamacher's show. Or did I imagine that years ago?

That's right, south entrance, there was an office for dealers only.
The way I remember it it was Susan Savage that acting like a typical Demorat, when she decided not to run again she joined the million mom march and ordered the destruction of firearms. Reminded me of Boren that was progun till he decided not to run again.
To paraphrase, "it's the ideology stupid".

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's right, south entrance, there was an office for dealers only.
The way I remember it it was Susan Savage that acting like a typical Demorat, when she decided not to run again she joined the million mom march and ordered the destruction of firearms. Reminded me of Boren that was progun till he decided not to run again.
To paraphrase, "it's the ideology stupid".

i love you :wink2:

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to a Tulsa police auction in the late 70's where they sold guns, along with a lot of other stuff. I was only interested in shotguns at the time.

I was in OK Police Supply and they had a bunch of guns they purchased from a small town police dept in OKlahoma. A few quality guns, a lot of cheap guns and a lot of guns that were beat up. The long guns were in pretty bad shape with rust, abuse, and alterations.

Given that a FFL would buy the lot and a background check would be necessary for an individulal to buy from him, it still would leave the door open for a individual to buy a gun(s) at a cheap price and sell for a nice profit on the street. This is the danger I see. I saw a special that said sellers would head back east and make arrangements to be on a given corner in NJ at 3:00, open their trunk, and sell guns to anyone for a big mark up.

I would not like Tulsa to put a bunch of $50 - $250 guns on the market, junk guns, that the punks would buy for only one reason - armed assualty and armed robbery. At the same time, I hate destroying quality guns, I would like a chance to pay a fair price for quality guns and put them to good use plus Tulsa could use the money.

I really hate to see quality shotguns without alterations that probalby were stolen be melted down. These long guns aren't the first choice of the punks and I would like a chance to buy them.

Yeah!!!

Really, poor people shouldn't be able to buy guns anyways, I mean what if they decide to rob somebody with it???

OR MAYBE... we should just have a $1000 tax stamp you have to buy every time you buy a gun?

And if you think about it, welfare would never happen if we didn't allow poor people to vote, so let's go ahead say you need to make $75k/yr to vote.

Go America, Go!

</sarcasm>

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think they should be able to sell anything they've confiscated. Too much incentive to confiscate stuff IMO.

If they have guns, have an open lottery that the public can put in for and give them away by drawing names.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Calm down. I think he was talking about "Saturday Night" specials...RGs, Ravens, Mavericks etc. Nothing to do with being rich or poor.

No, I'm wanting the S&W's and the Sigs to come out in the $50-250 price range. The RGs, Ravens and Mavericks can be expensive then so that the bad guys won't get a hold of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom