Tulsa Street Hustles (share ones you've heard here)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best hustler i ever saw in tulsa was a few years back. The guy working the salvation army bell in front of the store took the bucket next door to the liquor store and got him a 40.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My default response is to offer to call the police for them to get them help or a ride to the closest shelter. So far, no one has taken me up on the offer. I will never, ever give money to a panderer.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ...used to go to the wallyworld down on sheridan rd(they call it the ghetto walmart) late at night to do my shoppin (less people).
Usually at Christmas time ..a guy would come up with a sad story that he was broke, all he had was his Grandfathers knife to trade for some cash to get some food.
A couple times I felt sorry and gave him 10 dollars for an old lockback knife of some kind.
Well about the third time one Christmas he came to me (you would think he would recognize me by now)..Grandfathers knife...I told him I already bought his other two Grandfathers knives ,I didnt need any more...that I was contacting security , he needed to get lost ...LOL never saw him at that store again...but I did see him carrying a gas can a few miles down the road..at a litttle shopping mall...Naw I didnt bother him..LOL

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In California....this same hustler would sit at the 7-11 Id stop at every morning. He'd sit with his coffee mug full of whiskey and ask for gas money. He usually left me alone, but one morning I was in a particular pissy mood and he started in about needing just a gallon's worth of money to make it home. I reached down, took his coffee mug, dumped the whiskey out and filled it with gas. Told him good luck and God bless. The look on his face was priceless and will stay with me for life. Lol.

Lawl.

I wish I was a big, mean looking mofo sometimes so I wouldn't get approached by all these clowns. Everyone tells me that I get approached in public by all kinds of goobers more than anyone they know. I'm like magnet for them. Some guys get women flocking to them, I get homeless guys singing John Denver songs to me in downtown Tulsa and mentally-challenged men telling me about their sex-offending friend and how mother said he ruined his life when I go to the local post office. (seriously on both of these. all I could say to the little retarded dude was "bummer, man")

And I could write a novella about the surreal conversations I've had with parking lot dwelllers after leaving concerts. Either trying to sell something, or bumming for money, booze, drugs...or philosophizing about life.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lawl.

I wish I was a big, mean looking mofo sometimes so I wouldn't get approached by all these clowns. Everyone tells me that I get approached in public by all kinds of goobers more than anyone they know. I'm like magnet for them. Some guys get women flocking to them, I get homeless guys singing John Denver songs to me in downtown Tulsa and mentally-challenged men telling me about their sex-offending friend and how mother said he ruined his life when I go to the local post office. (seriously on both of these. all I could say to the little retarded dude was "bummer, man")

And I could write a novella about the surreal conversations I've had with parking lot dwelllers after leaving concerts. Either trying to sell something, or bumming for money, booze, drugs...or philosophizing about life.

I never get approached by bums. Well, once, but I told them I didn't have any cash.
Maybe the .44 mag on my hip has something to do with it? (internet keyboard commando response) :D

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
our church is at pine and lewis we get ppl all the time needing money for gas or the bus i ALWAYS offer them a ride and only one time have i been taken up on it.then when i got him home i gave him a couple bucks so he could catch bus next time.I dont have time to type all the sob stories these ppl come in our church with i usually try to find a way to help without giving cash cus the last time i was in a hurry just gave the guy 5 instead of offering help he headed straight for the liquor store in springdale

Latest posts

Top Bottom