Tulsa World: Businesses take sides on open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torch Red Tulsan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth!!

This isn't true. I have a Reasor's and a Wal-Mart across the street from each other by my house. I've found that a lot of everyday items are actually cheaper at Reasor's, the deli and meat cases offer much better quality meats and the produce isn't even comparable

If I stopped going to every establishment where I didn't agree with them on every important point of view, I'd quickly run out of clothes, food and religion. Will your church allow you to open carry? Will you leave if they don't? Many places say No Guns Allowed but many on here still go, CC and just run the risk of being asked to leave. I disagree with Reasor's business logic. I think they're reacting to media hype that OC will be like the Old West again (I call dibs on being called The Duke). But I'm not going to buy lower quality food for higher prices with an all around terrible customer experience because of it

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20121019_12_A1_CUTLIN695030

QuikTrip is good to go. BOK also doesn't prohibit firearms. But get a load of this:

"The Reasor's supermarket chain is readying new signage for its area stores that make it clear that weapons won't be allowed on site, said Steve Lehto, the company's chief operating officer.

"We feel like it's the best thing for our customers," he said. "We try to make the shopping experience easy and enjoyable for everyone." Especially criminals?

If you go to Reasors to commit a crime I am not sure if you are classified as a shopper :)

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa-headquartered BOK Financial Corp., which operates 41 Bank of Oklahoma branches in the market, doesn't have a weapons prohibition for customers in its banks and won't institute one with the enactment of the new law, said spokeswoman Andrea Myers.

"We have market banks in other states, like Arizona and New Mexico, in which open carry is the law and have not experienced issues as a result of it,"

Wow that goes against the opinions of many people on this board. People carried guns into banks and did not get shot first during a robbery. Also I am willing to bet that there were not any robberies during the time someone was open carrying in the bank.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the Reasor's decision for open carry or all carry? FWIW, at least Reasor's has armed security, unlike a great many businesses that post no carry signage.

And no, I'm not advocating that they have any signage at all if that's what you're thinking. :)

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The few times that I shop at Reasors, the place looks like a ghost town.

It might just be my perception, but it seems like every time I'm in there, my bill is higher than expected also...

Latest posts

Top Bottom