Tulsa World: Businesses take sides on open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the article in this mornings paper too. Guess I will be shopping for groceries elsewhere too. Reasors is making big mistake, hope they lose lots of
business. Guess QuickTrip will be getting some of my food business as well as gas. ;)

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sigh, it's frustrating when businesses do this. They do have the right to do so, but I also have the right to avoid their establishment.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might suggest to businesses that instead of their having a knee jerk reaction and banning open carry from the gitgo, to instead try it for 30 days. If there are no problems, then try it for another 30 days. It would be about like getting into a bathtub full of hot water, just ease into it a little at a time.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My message to reasors via contact us:

To whom it may concern,

I was very disappointed to read today's Tulsa World article 'Loaded Question' to find that my local store will not support the Oklahoma citizens in their second amendment rights and the upcoming addition of legal open carry.

It saddens me such a great Oklahoma company will see fit to oppose such a large active group of citizens who passionately work to reduce restrictions of our rights.

My family of 6 will no longer frequent your stores and will instead take our business to more friendly businesses. As with many other pro 2A citizens we will assist you in making your new policy known by encouraging our friends, neighbors, and fellow citizens of your desire to not have our kind do business with you.

I would encourage you to take the stance of such businesses as QuikTrip, BOK, and Wal-Mart and welcome 2A supporters.

All my best,
Jesse

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HEY!!! This was many of us from OSA that did that! You guys remember? :patriot:

Lets do it again to Reasor's! Im starting my email right now! :teach:

I do. I'm one who sent an email and I actually got a response back from some nice lady that seemed sincere in thanking me for my email and continued business. She also said that they were changing said policy. So they continue to get business from me and yes, the emails do work sometimes.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do. I'm one who sent an email and I actually got a response back from some nice lady that seemed sincere in thanking me for my email and continued business. She also said that they were changing said policy. So they continue to get business from me and yes, the emails do work sometimes.

I got the same response you did back then.

Here's the letter I sent to Reasor's.

To whom it may concearn,

As a customer that up til now shopped Reasor's frequently, I loved going to the Jenks store to deposit money in BOK, have lunch, and buy groceries. I am very saddened to hear about your decision regarding the carry of firearms by law-abiding citizens.

As you know, no criminals have ever abided by not only anti-gun door signage but no laws whatsoever. Reasor's has had little to no issues with customer's legally carrying firearms into their stores, believe me it happens many, many times daily.

I dont see your policy as protecting customer's, that feel uncomfortable seeing a firearms, feelings. I see this as my inability to protect myself or my loved ones if shopping in Reasor's without personal protection when crimnals will obviously pay no attention to your policy. In fact, they may even embrace it seeing as their guns will have better odds against an unarmed clientele.

Yes, you have security, but one or two security personell cannot follow my wife and daughters or myself through out your store and protect everyone.

BTW, isnt a policy that your security is there to protect Reasor's assets and not customer's?

Again, due to your policy effectively prohibiting me from personal defense in your stores, I have no choice but to cease spending my money there, and also I feel the need to tell the thousands of students I teach over the years in firearms safety classes how your policy effects their personal safety.

Please reconsider this as I would love to resume patronizing your stores and contributing more to this local economy.

Sincerely,

Stephen Cue
Oklahoma SDA Instructor
NRA Training Counselor
Husband
Father
Law -abiding Gun carrier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom