Tulsa World: Businesses take sides on open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Atwoods had gun buster signs up for a while, but they have gone away. Wonder why?

I talked with the Broken Arrow Atwoods manager maybe 4 months ago, when they were still up. We have a civil, several minute conversation; he's a decent guy. He said that the year previous a lady with a SDA permit dropped her derringer in his BA store. It went BANG on the concrete floor. He said that between the BAPD and such that there was a lot of excitement and unwanted attention for the store. At the time of my conversation, he indicated that it was corporate, not he that put the sign up. I too noticed the gunbuster sign was gone a few months ago and returned to more regularly shopping there.

That seems to be the way of gunbuster signs; they just quietly go away with a little time.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of you in the rest of the state who do not know, the TULSA WORLD newspaper is very liberal in its leanings. Its been that way for many years. It's old competition, the TULSA TRIBUNE, was more middle of the road. The TRIBUNE has been gone around 15-20 years; I was sad to see it go.

The WORLD will soon tire of creating "news" about open carry as soon as it becomes a non-issue. I hope that's soon.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of you in the rest of the state who do not know, the TULSA WORLD newspaper is very liberal in its leanings. Its been that way for many years. It's old competition, the TULSA TRIBUNE, was more middle of the road. The TRIBUNE has been gone around 15-20 years; I was sad to see it go.

The WORLD will soon tire of creating "news" about open carry as soon as it becomes a non-issue. I hope that's soon.

For a liberal leaning paper, they sure have been very fair about their coverage of OC. I've was interviewed by Jerry for the article that came out today, and he told me that he started this project thinking OC was a bed idea. One he talked to several people about it, including some LE, he realized that it wasn't a danger to the public, and that the advocates actually had some good points about deterring crime. He also said that we all sounded like very reasonable people with a very good grasp on the law. I liked the way the story came together.

richard597

Marksman
Reaction score
I respect the rights of private businesses as much as I respect the right to legally carry a gun. If a business does not want my business, that is OK with me. That does not mean that I will forever boycott that business. But it may not be my first choice when it comes to spending my money.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I was not sure if TFCU was considered a federal building or office space to do business with the public, as in #1 of your link. I don't have my CCW yet and was just asking. Thank you.

Don't be misled by the word "Federal" or "State" in a business name. Anyone is free to use it. In the case of banks and credit unions, I think it mostly denotes the level that they are chartered at.

Thanks for the clarification.

Latest posts

Top Bottom