Tulsa World: Businesses take sides on open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's funny stuff right there.. Maybe when they have the 12 hour sale, and only on those few items.. I will agree on the deli meat, but I shop at both stores and I can't think of a single thing cheaper at Reasors that's not a sale item..

I now intend of comping their ads at Walmart instead of visiting the 71st and Lynn Lane store.. I personally would like to thank Reasors for making this decision. When I visit their store to purchase something in their weekly sales ad, I can't walk out of the store for under a hundred bucks, even if my intention was to spend about 20 bucks.. More money for ammo, I suppose.. Thanks again, Reasors.. You made the "right choice".. ;)

Several years back, I did a year long test of food prices. For 6 months I shopped exclusively at the store that had the reputation of having the lowest prices on groceries. For the next 6 months I shopped exclusively at Reasors. At the end of the trial periods, my total was about $5.00 difference, over the entire 6 month time span. And I think I ate better at Reasors. However, letter sent to them about the policy, and I will avoid them if the signs go up.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@okiebryan -

Thank you, thank you, thank you - I've nearly given in to the temptation do exactly as you did. People sitting at a computer asking inane questions that they could easily research is rapidly becoming my #1 pet peeve. For gun owners and especially those holding a CCL, doing so without a full knowledge of applicable law and regualarly refreshing that knowledge with the ease of a computer search, is tantamount to just walking around with your wallet hanging out, wearing a T-shirt with all your passwords on it, and your fly unzipped.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't shop at Reasor's anyway and haven't for several years. I'm not sure what the policy is at Warehouse Market, but I typically do most of my grocery shopping at the WalMart Neighborhood markets. The one at 21st and Yale here in Tulsa is probably the nicest one in the area.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here is what I sent to Reasor's via their FB page.

Since Reasor's has made the decision to post signs prohibiting the lawful and state licensed carry of firearms in their stores, my family of 8 will no longer shop at your stores. We live equal distances from a Reasor's, a Target and a Wal-Mart. We have been shopping at Reasor's for a long time, because I believe in supporting locally owned companies when possible. I have also been doing so while carrying a firearm for over ten years. Now that open carry has passed and is about to become legal you have decided to discriminate against customers who have made the decision to exercise their constitutional rights. I do not plan on openly carrying a firearm. I will not however patronize a store that posts signs that do nothing to reduce crime, but simply strip lawful citizens of the ability to protect themselves. The theater in Aurora, Colorado had "No Firearms" signs, it did them a lot of good. No thinking individual would ever make the case that a "No Firearms" sign reduces crime. I would be interested in knowing your reasons for posting them. While they are posted I will not shop there, nor will many of my friends. I hope your business suffers due to this. If you ever reverse this decision, I can assure you I will return as a loyal customer, as will many others. People will go out of their way and pay extra to support a Pro second amendment decision, but they will also not hesitate to avoid places that seek to restrict our rights.

I will also be calling the main line, and my local store tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom