Turkey 23'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't even dug out the decoys or calls yet. Have plenty of time. Did trap 5 raccoons and an oppossum to try and help out as much as I can. I cut down over 100 cedars a couple years ago under some cotton wood trees. It looked great under there when hunting morels. I need to clean up another area before it gets hot.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My oldest son and I have plans to go Wednesday, but the forecast is predicting a very windy day so we’ll probably postpone to another calmer day.
If I waited for calm days I'd hardly ever get to go lol. From hunting open windy country and being able to see them from long distances when calling, they can hear you generally, you just can't hear them. If you've got birds and a chance to go I'd go.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had this guy trying to sneak into my garage yesterday morning!!!! Guess he got the memo!
672DFD47-A4A4-44A4-B3AB-264DA1E169D5.jpeg

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_4198.jpeg

He’s a bit too young to get out with him during youth season, but we got out yesterday. Had some big gobblers close first thing in the morning but little buddy couldn’t see them so they got a pass. Ended up with a Jake, but he got to see and participate in the whole thing. He held still and strictly followed instructions (which was a surprise, haha) and he was “calling” with his mouth every time I used a diaphragm, haha. We ate junk food, Found some sheds and shot some 22s too, pretty good day.

Last edited:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 368699
He’s a bit too young to get out with him during youth season, but we got out yesterday. Had some big gobblers close first thing in the morning but little buddy couldn’t see them so they got a pass. Ended up with a Jake, but he got to see and participate in the whole thing. He held still and strictly followed instructions (which was a surprise, haha) and he was “calling” with his mouth every time I used a diaphragm, haha. We ate junk food, Found some sheds and shot some 22s too, pretty good day.
No sir - that's a DAMM GOOD DAY!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 368699
Awesome well done!!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 368699
Outstanding! Thanks for sharing.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 368699
Sharing a memory in the field with your son is priceless. Congrats!!! :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom