Turkey 23'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figure it’s water/river related as well. Or atleast that’s my excuse for his deer growing bigger antlers than mine, haha. Water is definitely hard to come by in that county. Especially recently.
They're nonexistent at my place only not very far away, but we've got zero water around, and he does so I'm sure that makes a difference.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figure it’s water/river related as well. Or atleast that’s my excuse for his deer growing bigger antlers than mine, haha. Water is definitely hard to come by in that county. Especially recently.
The river level has dropped in just two weeks, and if it doesn’t rain in Kansas, it’ll probably be dry again in a month or so.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After spending the morning and half the afternoon funeraling and visiting with family I don’t see too often, I decided to give turkey hunting another try this evening.
Holy crap that’s a big bird even for Nebraska standards. You get them over 25lbs here and you got a beast! Think the biggest I’ve seen taken here was 28

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother and sister-in-law are down at my ranch in Hughes County....they have their annual contest going for the five best takes in hunting and fishing....my sis in law got the first tom turkey today....21#'s with a 9.5 inch beard.....check out the pic....saw several larger but couldn't get a shot
IMG_1565.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother and sister-in-law are down at my ranch in Hughes County....they have their annual contest going for the five best takes in hunting and fishing....my sis in law got the first tom turkey today....21#'s with a 9.5 inch beard.....check out the pic....saw several larger but couldn't get a shotView attachment 369346
Congrats to her on the great tom!

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother and sister-in-law are down at my ranch in Hughes County....they have their annual contest going for the five best takes in hunting and fishing....my brother got a tom this morning....18#'s with a 7" beard....as usual he is 2nd in the contest as his wife's tom was 21#'s with a 9.5" beard....check out the pic of each bird.....
IMG_3996.jpg
IMG_1565.jpg
IMG_3998.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom