Twinkie Confession

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I like the pop iconography/nostalgia factor of Twinkies more than the actual taste of Twinkies.

Any one else feel the same way?

When was the last time you actually ate a Twinkie?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ate a twinkie about fortyfive years ago. At this point, I fear that my progeny will never be given the opportunity to eat a twinkie. Another piece of America gone. I look around for someone to blame. I don't see anybody out there to blame. Its just how things are.
Speaking strickly for myself, it's the cupcakes that I'll miss the most. Havent eaten one in years, but the idea that I cant eat one even if I wanted one, well, that rankles.

I was already a young man on the road to success when Hostess introduced the Dingdong. They were good with coffee.
Somewhere along the way, I lost contact, even with the Dingdong. I dont think I'm alone in this. Sometimes you don't know what you've got till its gone.

The death of the twinkie is an absolute tragedy for the imagination.
We need to gird-up our loins and prepair ourselves for what comes next.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking about this earlier today. If Twinkies perish, what about little powdered donuts?What about little chocolate donuts?
Domino theory. Next come little white sugared donuts, then little chocolate donuts.
You've gotta make a stand somewhere.
First they came for the Twinkies...

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i think they were better before they started using petroleum products and corn syrup as ingredients.

Like most processed foods now days.

nighttrain

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you think if the workers would have taken a pay cut to keep their jobs that Twinkie would still be around? I have been thinking about this, as I myself would have taken a paycut to still have a job.

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody needs to run out and buy up all the Twinkies still on the shelves. Through an extreme program of rationing and accountability, each person in your family, for many generations, could experience the Twinkie phenomenon

Latest posts

Top Bottom