Fasting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Now I’ve never so much as tried any drugs, not a smoker, not a chewer, but pop has been a constant since I was a kid. I can’t attest to trying to quit other addictions/vices but pop is insanely difficult to kick

Soda is literally a drug. That’s why it’s hard to kick.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now I’ve never so much as tried any drugs, not a smoker, not a chewer, but pop has been a constant since I was a kid. I can’t attest to trying to quit other addictions/vices but pop is insanely difficult to kick

I never smoked but I dipped when I was going to MIT. Wasn't hard to quit -- never caught the tobacco bug is seems. Pot was a constant -- twice, three times a week in the evenings before bed. Didn't have a migraine the entire time I was in college. 🤷 Alcohol I can take or leave. Same with other "unmentionable" substances used for self-medicating and just general "recreating" ... Can take them or leave them. Enjoyable but not anything I have trouble passing on.

Sweets ... And Diet Coke ... Man ... Now that stuff ****s with me. HARD ... 😣 But I'm not giving up ...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m screwed up I know. I should do something about it. Maybe what caliberbob reports will push me. I been mainly eating beef since before it was named a carnivore diet. I rarely ever drink water but maybe 1 bottle or glass a week. I drink a few beers most evenings and I drink Dr Pepper at a crazy rate. Easily 15 cans a day. I feel pretty good but would could I be if I cut the pop? Hulk? Superman? Some other superhero? I know I have an addiction honestly. If I’m without a pop for an hour I’m a bad person to be around. It’s the same with snuff. Deny me both and well I’m scared. I remember a time when I didn’t drink pop simply because I couldn’t afford it. Maybe I’ve forgotten how much better of shape I was in. It’s an addiction. I know that when drinking beer I don’t crave a cold pop but that won’t work as a replacement for various reasons. Maybe it’s a mental thing but water makes me want to throw up. I do have hell going to sleep at night but once I go down I’m out hard. When I first wake up life sucks but that first pop gets me feeling normal. Posted a whole diatribe here but I’m trying to talk myself into kicking the pop. My weight doesn’t bother me, 6’-3” 240lbs, but I wonder if I’d feel younger/better. Lemme think on it. I hope you find what you’re seeking @caliberbob

If you are interested in dropping the caffeine to help you sleep, there is a Diet Dr. Pepper that is caffeine free. I used to buy it regularly at Walmart in the 2 liter bottles, but now it is hard to find anywhere. However, I did find that one can order the caffeine free from Amazon.

Amazon - Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: woke up feeling decent but after I got to work I started getting a headache and feeling lightheaded. So I stopped the fast at 83 hours. Transitioning straight into carnivore/ketovore. Had some eggs and cheese. Already feeling great. Started at 303.5 and was 295.5 this morning. Going to try and restrict carbs to 10 or less each day

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good deal. Not that difficult on carnivore IF you watch the hidden carbs (spices and sauces) and don't buy into the "net carbs" myth.
Yep. Cant be doing bbq and thinking your low carb. Oh and I have our steer being processed at the butcher right now. I told them to keep the brisket in one piece. I’m smoking that thing right away. Cant wait

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Cant be doing bbq and thinking your low carb. Oh and I have our steer being processed at the butcher right now. I told them to keep the brisket in one piece. I’m smoking that thing right away. Cant wait
Being a carnivore is easy when you’ve got several hundred pounds of meat on hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom