Fasting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had four eggs with a little heavy cream, 1/4 cup shredded cheese and a sugar free hot link diced up. Perfect amount and I’m feeling good.

Side note: this “fasting” thread is turning into my daily eating diary. If I need to shut up I will 😬

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same, we’ve got eggs out the wazoo. I’m raising my own beef with help from a great older guy I met who’s been super generous with his time and service. My BIL is raising his own meat chickens but he said the total per bird is $9 but I can get a cooked rotisserie chicken for $4.98 at winco 🤷‍♂️. Honestly I’m super excited to drop some weight and be more mobile again
My wife has considered butchering some meat birds. I have no input on it because I am happy to eat beef daily. I work on a ranch and am supplied with beef as part of my income so I see no need to invest a bit in another meat. The girls sell pigs for raising and butchering too but again I got beef so I’m good.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has considered butchering some meat birds. I have no input on it because I am happy to eat beef daily. I work on a ranch and am supplied with beef as part of my income so I see no need to invest a bit in another meat. The girls sell pigs for raising and butchering too but again I got beef so I’m good.
Dude, beef is all you need. I love chicken wings and chicken gizzards. Pork I love bacon and pork belly. Other than those I am all about burger, a good Chuck roast, brisket, and most steaks. Beef is definitely king

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bacon, eggs, beef, and butter are what the gurus recommend. I also eat cheese and sausage. Water and black coffee to drink.
100%. Bacon being unhealthy is one of the greatest lies ever told. Coming from the same people (government) who manufactured the moronic food pyramid as the healthy way of eating.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gave up soda and ice tea 30+ years ago. Now I only drink coffee, water and whiskey but not necessarily in that order.
My grandfather lived to 101 years old.
He had a shot of whiskey in his coffee every morning, with bacon, eggs, and toast with orange marmalade. He ended the day with a shot of whiskey before bed.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Less to no sugar. Eat good food. Exercise with long walks and lift weights.

This is long lasting.
Been walking about 3 miles a day minimum since 1 Sep when my wife was admitted to the hospital. Started with many 5 minute stress walks. Slowed for a couple weeks after she passed away on 3 Oct.
Not the recommended path to improving your diet and exercise regimen.
Dropped 10 pounds during that month.
Didn’t take time to snack, or drink anything but water. Had a sausage biscuit from McDonalds each morning on the way to see her, and ate roast beef of chicken sandwiches for dinner.
Am now having Keto granola and yogurt for breakfast, and Buffalo burgers, or steaks for dinner.
Walking over 3 miles a day now every day, down another 10 pounds.
20 more pounds and I will be officially not overweight.
Had my annual physical last week.
All my numbers are outstanding with the exception of my A1C, which is much lower than two months ago. Expect it to continue to drop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom