Fasting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your profile pic.....was that you after your last fast ? Fasting for awhile is not bad but 'extremes' of most anything can be detrimental.
I hear ya. I’m not going to do anything dangerous. I’ll know if I start feeling “wrong” and then I would stop. But I think I’ll go a bit more. I’m almost at 72hours. Surprisingly I felt really good all day. Felt really alert and decent energy. Still a little tired but nothing like yesterday. Yesterday I was pretty miserable. Also got up at 3:45 this morning to get on the road early and I’m feeling good still!

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m screwed up I know. I should do something about it. Maybe what caliberbob reports will push me. I been mainly eating beef since before it was named a carnivore diet. I rarely ever drink water but maybe 1 bottle or glass a week. I drink a few beers most evenings and I drink Dr Pepper at a crazy rate. Easily 15 cans a day. I feel pretty good but would could I be if I cut the pop? Hulk? Superman? Some other superhero? I know I have an addiction honestly. If I’m without a pop for an hour I’m a bad person to be around. It’s the same with snuff. Deny me both and well I’m scared. I remember a time when I didn’t drink pop simply because I couldn’t afford it. Maybe I’ve forgotten how much better of shape I was in. It’s an addiction. I know that when drinking beer I don’t crave a cold pop but that won’t work as a replacement for various reasons. Maybe it’s a mental thing but water makes me want to throw up. I do have hell going to sleep at night but once I go down I’m out hard. When I first wake up life sucks but that first pop gets me feeling normal. Posted a whole diatribe here but I’m trying to talk myself into kicking the pop. My weight doesn’t bother me, 6’-3” 240lbs, but I wonder if I’d feel younger/better. Lemme think on it. I hope you find what you’re seeking @caliberbob

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m screwed up I know. I should do something about it. Maybe what caliberbob reports will push me. I been mainly eating beef since before it was named a carnivore diet. I rarely ever drink water but maybe 1 bottle or glass a week. I drink a few beers most evenings and I drink Dr Pepper at a crazy rate. Easily 15 cans a day. I feel pretty good but would could I be if I cut the pop? Hulk? Superman? Some other superhero? I know I have an addiction honestly. If I’m without a pop for an hour I’m a bad person to be around. It’s the same with snuff. Deny me both and well I’m scared. I remember a time when I didn’t drink pop simply because I couldn’t afford it. Maybe I’ve forgotten how much better of shape I was in. It’s an addiction. I know that when drinking beer I don’t crave a cold pop but that won’t work as a replacement for various reasons. Maybe it’s a mental thing but water makes me want to throw up. I do have hell going to sleep at night but once I go down I’m out hard. When I first wake up life sucks but that first pop gets me feeling normal. Posted a whole diatribe here but I’m trying to talk myself into kicking the pop. My weight doesn’t bother me, 6’-3” 240lbs, but I wonder if I’d feel younger/better. Lemme think on it. I hope you find what you’re seeking @caliberbob
15 cans a day? I’m really surprised. Don’t get me wrong, I am in no place to judge. I’m 6’2” and weighed in Sunday morning at 303.5. I used to lift weights a bit so I’m not like morbidly obese lol, but on the trajectory I’m on it’s not out of the question. How old are you @Cowcatcher ? Sometimes I think the habit is the problem more than the substance. I’ve been off energy drinks now for 3 days and the withdrawals are gone. But I crave the flavor and the fizz. 15 cans of Dr Pepper a day is not sustainable but neither is my 3 energy drinks a day and eating crap all day. I’m 37 and I feel it catching up with me. I don’t know if I mentioned it but I’ve had an albuterol inhaler most all my life. When I am off sugar/carbs I literally have ZERO asthma symptoms. It’s truly incredible how the food we put in our bodies affects our day to day lives. If you want an accountability partner, im your guy dude!

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m sure you know this, but If the Dr. Pepper regular & not diet, then that’s a TON of sugar you ingest daily. That’s like eating a big bag of sugar from the store every 3 days. Switching to diet will cut out a TON of calories, & be better for your teeth.
The caffeine in the soda & nicotine in the snuff is a TON of stimulants & prob why you can’t easily fall to sleep & why the first soda makes you feel normal.
Prob need to wean off the caffeine to a tolerable level & will help your cardiovascular system.
Good luck.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

15 Cans? You are headed to Diabetes bud! Best cut that **** down to a pop a day! I knew a fellow Firefighter hooked on Dr. Pepper. I watched him fight it hard to kick it. He succeeded, cause Doc said he would be a Diabetic by 50. @Cowcatcher !

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m sure you know this, but If the Dr. Pepper regular & not diet, then that’s a TON of sugar you ingest daily. That’s like eating a big bag of sugar from the store every 3 days. Switching to diet will cut out a TON of calories, & be better for your teeth.
The caffeine in the soda & nicotine in the snuff is a TON of stimulants & prob why you can’t easily fall to sleep & why the first soda makes you feel normal.
Prob need to wean off the caffeine to a tolerable level & will help your cardiovascular system.
Good luck.
About 2 year’s ago I swapped from regular to diet. Lost about 25 pounds when I did so.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lost about 30 lbs in 2020, and I’ve surprised myself by being able to keep it off.
I only drink coffee and water, but I drink a lot of both.
I’d kind of like to drop about 20 more pounds, but my wife says I look sickly already. I could easily lose the 20 pounds if I cut out all sweets, but I’m not willing to do it yet.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 2 year’s ago I swapped from regular to diet. Lost about 25 pounds when I did so.

This kinda stuff drives me daft. I realize that hormones (PMS and PCOS anyone?? 🤷🤷) and activity levels (I rode a desk my entire career) but I drank every bit as much Coke as you did Dr. Pepper and didn't drop a damned ounce when I switched to Diet Coke. 😭😭

I can tell you, hormones aside, kicking the pop habit is absolutely the hardest thing in the world. I have lot count of how many times I've quit. And how many times I've slipped up -- sometimes on purpose (I can have just a little bit and I'll be okay. 🙄🙄 Or just one won't hurt. 🙄🙄 Or well hell I JUST GOTTA HAVE ONE! 🙄🙄), sometimes without even thinking -- ordering a diet coke instead of unsweet ice tea and not even realizing it until I take that first swallow 😳 ...

But ... I feel a lot better when I'm not drinking it. And I sleep better. I also wake up easier. I dunno if you have trouble with headaches, and there was a time you couldn't have convinced me of this, but I swear my headaches are a little bit better without the Diet Coke than they are when I'm drinking it regularly.

Since I was also drinking 3 or more 6-packs a day, too, I can't stress strongly enough that cold turkey is NOT the way to go. The withdrawal will be horrendous. Trust me on this one. Cut back one can a day per week. I know. It seems like it will take FOREVER -- 15 weeks to be exact. That's almost 4 months to be exact. But stop and think about it ... How long have you been sucking down this much soda?? Exactly. Be gentle with yourself. You can make all the other changes you want and/or need to in that time period so you will be PERFECT when you get to where you are drinking a can a day instead of a case a day. 🤷😉😁

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This kinda stuff drives me daft. I realize that hormones (PMS and PCOS anyone?? 🤷🤷) and activity levels (I rode a desk my entire career) but I drank every bit as much Coke as you did Dr. Pepper and didn't drop a damned ounce when I switched to Diet Coke. 😭😭

I can tell you, hormones aside, kicking the pop habit is absolutely the hardest thing in the world. I have lot count of how many times I've quit. And how many times I've slipped up -- sometimes on purpose (I can have just a little bit and I'll be okay. 🙄🙄 Or just one won't hurt. 🙄🙄 Or well hell I JUST GOTTA HAVE ONE! 🙄🙄), sometimes without even thinking -- ordering a diet coke instead of unsweet ice tea and not even realizing it until I take that first swallow 😳 ...

But ... I feel a lot better when I'm not drinking it. And I sleep better. I also wake up easier. I dunno if you have trouble with headaches, and there was a time you couldn't have convinced me of this, but I swear my headaches are a little bit better without the Diet Coke than they are when I'm drinking it regularly.

Since I was also drinking 3 or more 6-packs a day, too, I can't stress strongly enough that cold turkey is NOT the way to go. The withdrawal will be horrendous. Trust me on this one. Cut back one can a day per week. I know. It seems like it will take FOREVER -- 15 weeks to be exact. That's almost 4 months to be exact. But stop and think about it ... How long have you been sucking down this much soda?? Exactly. Be gentle with yourself. You can make all the other changes you want and/or need to in that time period so you will be PERFECT when you get to where you are drinking a can a day instead of a case a day. 🤷😉😁
Now I’ve never so much as tried any drugs, not a smoker, not a chewer, but pop has been a constant since I was a kid. I can’t attest to trying to quit other addictions/vices but pop is insanely difficult to kick

Latest posts

Top Bottom