Tyranny in Illinois - Lame Ducks planning near total gun ban!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have Blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Illinois' Lame Duck Legaslature is planning a near total gun ban in Illinois.

http://goo.gl/UdvVn

The ISRA has learned from a credible source that Illinois Senate President John Cullerton will introduce a so called “assault weapons” ban on Wednesday when the legislature returns for its “lame duck” session. Cullerton hopes to ramrod the bill through and get it to Governor Quinn for signature by Friday. If he is successful at doing so, nearly every gun you currently own will be banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.

Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called “assault weapons” but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't a judge just slap down the Illinois legislature for their restrictive carry laws and order them to rewrite them? I wonder how that court will feel if they try subverting that order by just banning guns?

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am glad the anti 2As are overplaying their hand. Given the current US Supreme Court, this law will never pass muster with Heller v/s DC as a precedent.
And if this reaches the US Supreme Court, it will be struck down. I almost wish Illinois PASSES this, and it gets struck down by the US supreme court soon.
Then a blanket ban on all semi automatics will never happen again!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope like hell this passes. It will kill anti-gun efforts for the foreseeable future. It will expose them for what they really are and it will be a wholly unconstitutional law.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This would be found unconstitutional under the premise that it tries to make something that is already owned illegal to own. That would be the same as making a law that doing a particular thing is now illegal, and charging people to did it before it was a crime. It's already been established that this is a no-go. This will fail, it looks like he is just trying to bolster himself for re-election.

Latest posts

Top Bottom