Unique case lube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dozermonkey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys! Got another stupid nube question. Is Unique case lube powder friendly ? I've been using the Dillon and just thought I would try new things , thats all. I started using the Hornady spray but stuck cases cured that. Then I switched to the Dillon and no problems but gotta travel to H&H to get it and I can get Unique at Academy in Norman. Thanks for entertaining this , asked a hundred times , question.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not like any case lube in the cases, powder friendly or not.. I have had a granule of powder mess up bullet seating.

That is not too bad..but 1 well prepped case I had to toss.
I clean all my rifle necks ID with a Qtip after sizing. And they get trimmed and then chamfered after that .. then the necks get brushed out.

Then I measure neck ID and sort.

Pistol brass gets NO lube..Carbide dies there.
I have never used dry powder stuff for neck ID though.

Sounds like you are trying to do bunch of cases/ammo really quick.. possibly .223?

Maybe use a die that does not pull a mandrel through the inside of the neck.. Just assuming.

Dozermonkey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes to a bunch of 223 brass. You are wise sir! Lol. I was loading on my progressive and decided to slow down a bit and use my single stage. Wife bought me the Worlds Finest Trimmer and was excited to play with my new toys !

Dozermonkey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
She's the best ! Trimmer is a pill to get dialed in. Trims fine ,just not perfect , yet. Lengthwise any way. Between that and the Dillon case gauge,it's alittle frustrating. I have no doubt the trimmer will be worth it , just gotta make minor adjustments.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand how anybody has problems with the Hornady case lube unless its not being applied correctly. I load thousands of rounds of .223 annually, and have never had a stuck case on a progressive.

Put em in a block, spray the heck out of them inside and out, and load. My chronograph shows a variance of less than 50 fps.

Use the same on 30-06, .270, .22-250.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the lanolin and Heet that is available at most auto parts stores, the lanolin came from EBay. Great stuff, I use the same mixture as mentioned above and after sizing I take the cases outside, put in a bucket with a pint or so of gasoline, swish them around and lay out to dry.

Dozermonkey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys ! I'll try that.
Dennis , that's probably the case. I'm sort of a tight wad. I've been stocking up the Hornady lube ,so I won't feel bad using too much , when I use it. Ain't that screwy ??? I will dump money into certain things and pinch like a mofo on others. I blame it on ocd and 20 years of self employment.:hithead::drunk::screwy:

Latest posts

Top Bottom