Unique case lube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I could test the spray lube to see how it compares during Full length sizing to the wax I have been using.

So I got to researching the One shot by hornady and one poster stated their Unique case lube and the One shot is the same stuff but in a spray bottle.

I also read that you need to let cases dry after applying the spray stuff for 8-10 minutes,,let the solvent carrier dry basically. and spray inside the die also??
Is that correct?

It sounds a bit messy fogging all this spray and the waiting to dry would have been a pain during this testing.

I am going to have to pass on the spray lube testing.. but does sound like a good test.

For those that did not see the target this is 11 rounds fired at 100 yards and one in the upper right not in the correct area is the case that did not have the neck swabbed clean until after the powder was in the case.

View attachment 44540

NOTE after FLS with the lee die there is not much lube left in the neck and not much applied into the neck before.
Thin film that you can't see..swab it out with a Qtip after sizing and the Q tip looks unused.. but there is enough to have the powder stick inside the neck..

I would say if the powder does not stick inside the neck with the One Shot Lube you are probably fine.
It is a dry lube spray and I can't see powder sticking if that is true.
But bullet seating forces could be different vs another wax or spray.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom