University of Oklahoma gun club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKgunfan

Marksman
Reaction score
We did not discuss the exact cost of facility rental or group membership but we can not afford anything right now. Also we are not charging member dues because we want to see a large number of people join. We have several other ranges who have asked us to shoot at their facilities and we don't want to turn down those offers. As of right now Sgt Everett's is our main supporter and we want to do all we can for him and his business. We will always be open to new places to shoot but we do not get our university funding for a few more months. I'm sure in the future we will shoot there though. Everyone I have asked has told me they are great people. The last few weeks we have not spent much time contacting businesses or speeding up our funding process. The club is our second priority right now because we are in the middle of midterm exams.
-Cody

What did they quote your for rental?

At least talk to them abut a discounted membership. Then maybe your whole group could become memebrs (if they have room) and just meet out there for your organized shoots.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I found out about this just too late. I would've shown up and popped a few off downrange.

Be sure to keep us updated on the next one!

RedRiverAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the privelege of attending this event. It was absolutely great to see so many young shooters there. I was even able tom help a couple of the first time shooters. What a great group. I hope this club becomes a permanent fixture at OU.

Trevor

OKgunfan

Marksman
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys. We are in the midst of a funding battle with the school right now. They think because we are a gun club that they should not have to give us money. The 400 student organizations at OU are allotted $750,000 every year and they decided to give us $100. Yes you read that right $100. Not even $1 per member. We are already one of the biggest groups on campus and we don't understand where the rest of this money is going but we intend to find out. More updates to come...

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys. We are in the midst of a funding battle with the school right now. They think because we are a gun club that they should not have to give us money. The 400 student organizations at OU are allotted $750,000 every year and they decided to give us $100. Yes you read that right $100. Not even $1 per member. We are already one of the biggest groups on campus and we don't understand where the rest of this money is going but we intend to find out. More updates to come...

Thats so ridiculous, I hope you can get that settled. Sounds like someone is being a butthead because they don't like guns. Try to get my old friend Anthony Rodriguez out to the range next time, I know he's going to OU now. I wish you guys the best of luck with your club!

Latest posts

Top Bottom