Unlawful to not pull over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for unmarked cars for revenue, that is an ASSumption if I have ever heard one. We (as in police) don't go out just to make money. We target AGGRESSIVE drivers. If you get stopped often, change your driving habits.

Yku as individuals don't go out to make money but those you work for and their superiors do ha e that goal. Why do you think there are so many trafic cops and so few investigators with huge case loads? The departments say they don't have time to investigate thefts but will stake out the peake to fine ticket scalpers.

With the exception of high profile crimes that help people get re-elected or promoted, the higher ups will always delegate more resources to things that produce revenue through fines.

That has nothing to do with the heart or integrityof the individual officers. It's just politics. To deny it is ignorance in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only a matter of time until someone has a car accident trying to grab the phone to call and check an unmarked car before pulling over. Then the city will get sued since the use of unmarked cars was the cause of the driving use of phone and distraction leading to the accident.

Just a thought. I guess you could just keep going. If more lighted cars join in following you, it's real. If not you're good. You'd be like oj. :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are we still talking about unmarked cars and stopping for them or have we changed topics and are now saying that we focus our efforts on making money vs deterring crime? If you want to discuss why enforcing traffic laws benefit the community and is not just "good for business" then start another discussion.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As for unmarked cars for revenue, that is an ASSumption if I have ever heard one. We (as in police) don't go out just to make money. We target AGGRESSIVE drivers. If you get stopped often, change your driving habits.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think that having unmarked police patrolling for traffic stops isn't about increasing revenues. I didn't say is was for "Police" to make money...you work for the Government and that is a driving factor...I do not get stopped often and have no points against me, so your fantastic advice of "changing my driving habits" does not apply...thanks, though:thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom