URGH! I can't win

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pills510

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am at the local public shooting range with my wife, my three kids, crimefighter and his son. There are a few more people there and everything is going pretty smooth. Crimefighter is working with my son to the right of the furthest right bench. I am behind them watching the other kids and keeping an eye on our other weapons that are on the second from the right bench. This guy walks up to the empty bench to talk to me. I notice he has a pistol in his left hand and his finger is on the trigger. Before I can say anything the gun is pointed @ crimefighter and my son.

I must say I lost my cool. I told the guy not to point his gun at my kid and he replied it wasn't loaded. Not oops. Not sorry. "It isn't loaded". I must admit I can't recall exactly what I said or what he replied but I ended up telling to get his guns and get the hell out of there. Yes I know I don't have the authority to kick someone off a public range.

On the way home I hear it from my wife about how the guy could have flipped out blah blah blah. I guess she is right. I won't admit that to her but I am still boiling. Man I can't wait until I have my own land to shoot on with out worrying about some idiot shooting me or my kids in the back.

As a kicker when he was walking off he put his finger back inside the trigger guard.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They need to learn proper procedure from everyone around them. I wasn't there ... maybe you could have been more tactful. From what I hear, I'd say 'you done right!'

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why if I'm going to that range with my kids, I don't stick around if anyone else is there. Sorry to hear that man - you were not out of line at all.

If someone is exhibiting bad gun-safety, its one thing, but if they cover you or yours with the muzzle of their gun.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO you were in the right. I've flipped out on people before for the same thing(except I don't have kids). Range safety/common sense is a must, especially at public ranges where medical help might not be readily avaible.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Without the finger on the trigger and just the pointing of a firearm at a human I would be pissed. I cannot stand it when I'm at a range or just anywhere in general and someone just waves a firearm around or uses it as a pointing device. The excuse is, "it's not loaded chill out" well theres a lot of dead people and people in prison who's words were "but I though it wasn't loaded!"

Latest posts

Top Bottom