Using Internet explorer... Bad news

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.pcworld.com/article/344...ake-over-your-entire-pc-so-stop-using-it.html

The alert goes on explain what this means for users. “An attacker who successfully exploited the vulnerability could gain the same user rights as the current user,” Microsoft says. “If the current user is logged on with administrative user rights, an attacker who successfully exploited the vulnerability could take control of an affected system. An attacker could then install programs; view, change, or delete data; or create new accounts with full user rights.”

In other words, if an attacker is able to convince you to click on an affected webpage, that attacker can do whatever they want to your PC and your stored data.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't used IE in years, but I do have a link in my tool bar to old IE sites. Haven't been on it in years. I don't think it will be affected but might just delete it anyway.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you haven't already, define a seperate admin for your machine, and use your pc as a regular logged user. You'll be prompted for admin permissions, and if it's something you're trying to do, you can grant that permission. Also, stop using internet explorer/edge.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently use Brave. It is a chrome derivative so chrome extensions work with it. It has built in blocking and filtering capabilities to kill off tracking and a lot of ads as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom