Should I buy a new truck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatindaheck is a "new" truck??? These work just fine.

1685484534220.png

1685484556477.png

1685484570182.png

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a want kind of guy not so much a need kind of guy.

I trade vehicles way too often. But I cant take anything with me when I die so what the heck.

Buy what you want, drive what you want.

I could do with less, but my entire life has always been "well we will have to make do" mind set. I grew tired of that and decided if I was ever going to have anything or enjoy anything I am going to have to fork over the money to do it. So its either save forever until I get enough cash to buy it or finance it.

Either way its going to cost me money.
THIS

I saved and scrimped for years to penny pinch to get tool boxes for my shop. Don't get me wrong, I have tool boxes but I have too many. I want to put ALL of my sockets in one drawer. All of my wrenches in one drawer, screwdrivers, one drawer, hammers, one drawer, etc. By the time I got the money, COVID hit. Then Biden got into office and prices for everything skyrockets.

Now, again, I don't have the money for the boxes. I had a garage sale and sold a bunch of stuff finally getting the money. Then the water heater blows. Then the kid can't get a job and was screwed on her old job and she quit and I am supporting two households. Now she is pregnant! To top all of that off the toolboxes I wanted were DISCONTINUED and sold at great prices while I'm not looking.! You cannot find them anywhere in the country.

Wifey and I discussed it. I am much happier and easier to be around when all my stuff is organized and I can turn out projects faster. Wifey said we can make it if I get this other job and work part time so I get two Husky tool boxes and get organized. I quickly found out they aren't big enough and I need a third box, possibly a fourth, which is down the road.

I'm the same way with my truck. My 2004 Chevy Silverado was an Iowa truck and had cancer that had been Bondoed and painted so it came out years after I bought it. It has 140 K miles and runs and drives great. I like it because it is a sleek, slim aerodynamic truck. Not like the boxes on boxes running down the road today. It doesn't have GPS and it doesn't have a limp mode either. I can work on it myself and fix the thing easily as compared to a newer truck with computers and chips and nanny stuff I don't want or need. If I could get someone to fix the cancer, I'd be forever grateful and never sell this truck.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My biggest regret was selling my 95 Tacoma with the 6 cylinder engine, auto tranny, and extra cab. Had 365,000 miles on it but didn't use a drop of oil. Got $4000 for it from the second person looking at it, cash.
I trusted that vehicle in any depth of mud or snow to the point where the wheels would lose traction going to high center. (It's still on the road to this day with over 400,000 miles on it.)
Bought a Tundra because I needed to haul a bumper pull RV.
Should have kept that 21 mpg taco to drive back and forth to the farm which is 45 miles away and kept the miles off the Tundra that got 16mpg. Now with a bigger RV and a F-250 that gets 13 mpg highway miles not towing, I'm really regretting getting rid of the Tacoma.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My biggest regret was selling my 95 Tacoma with the 6 cylinder engine, auto tranny, and extra cab. Had 365,000 miles on it but didn't use a drop of oil. Got $4000 for it from the second person looking at it, cash.
I trusted that vehicle in any depth of mud or snow to the point where the wheels would lose traction going to high center. (It's still on the road to this day with over 400,000 miles on it.)
Bought a Tundra because I needed to haul a bumper pull RV.
Should have kept that 21 mpg taco to drive back and forth to the farm which is 45 miles away and kept the miles off the Tundra that got 16mpg. Now with a bigger RV and a F-250 that gets 13 mpg highway miles not towing, I'm really regretting getting rid of the Tacoma.
We had a 73 Chevy 454 Cheyenne. It got 7 MPG pulling a stock trailer with 40 head or just cruising around town. It would roast the tires and leave black tire crunchies behind. It was the only vehicle I have ever seen with the speedometer and the fuel gauge connected to each other.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a 73 Chevy 454 Cheyenne. It got 7 MPG pulling a stock trailer with 40 head or just cruising around town. It would roast the tires and leave black tire crunchies behind. It was the only vehicle I have ever seen with the speedometer and the fuel gauge connected to each other.
I've seen my auto fuel meter saying I was getting 7 miles per gallon driving into a 40 mph headwind while pulling the RV. It's 13.5' high, so it qualifies as a high-profile vehicle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom