Vehicle Tags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where's the victim in an expired tag? Police have bigger things to worry about than a dude not giving the tag agency $40 for a sticker

The local gov't is the victim. We moved last year, got caught up in stuff, forgot out tag. Was six months past due. No idea. Pott County pulled me over at 0400 on my way to work and Officer A was okay, Officer B walks up, starts screaming, threatening to tow my car, telling me how he's doing me a favor not towing my ride and leave me standing on the side of the road. All while I have a stack of the previous 6 years of registrations, like I was a serial offender.

Unpopular opinion, but F the police. Extortionist red coats.

Everytime I've ever tried to do the right thing and go through the police, got told sorry, thats a civil issue, sorry thats private property, etc. etc.

I'm sure there's good one's out there, but I've never seen em.

Sorry rant over. Sure there's a ban incoming now lol.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The local gov't is the victim. We moved last year, got caught up in stuff, forgot out tag. Was six months past due. No idea. Pott County pulled me over at 0400 on my way to work and Officer A was okay, Officer B walks up, starts screaming, threatening to tow my car, telling me how he's doing me a favor not towing my ride and leave me standing on the side of the road. All while I have a stack of the previous 6 years of registrations, like I was a serial offender.

Everytime I've ever tried to do the right thing and go through the police, got told sorry, thats a civil issue, sorry thats private property, etc. etc.

It's cool. Just never call them when you need them. Usually those who say F the police are the first ones to call them when something doesn't go their way. If your story is true then obviously Officer B overreacted for the situation. The bottom line is it it was your fault the tag was expired

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah man you're good. I gotta say, though, I was kinda shocked to read your post. @Glock 'em down is the only one around these parts who thinks I'm nice and that's just because he's scared of my dogs! 😂😂

Seriously though, I try to be nice but I don't have to be. It's Gentleman's choice. 😏😉😇😂😂

Sorry, THAT Gurl, but there is another that thinks you are nice.

We've (wife and I) have had the pleasure of "breaking bread" with THAT Gurl, and she is nice overall.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Man ... I'm gonna tell ya -- I'm married to a JBT and I don't disagree with ya. There are bad ones out there. I've run into a couple that didn't have any business wearing a uniform also.

Those bad cops do more damage to society, in general, and make the good cops' job so much harder. I have NO idea why departments put up with them. Well, I take that back, I kinda do. And I think it's a travesty.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen you in person, at a gun range, working the counter, a guy named Paul leaned over to me and said watch out for that one, she aint had her shots.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

God I miss that man! 😭😭😭😭 He was ALWAYS getting me into SOMETHING ... And then he'd stand back there, holding the counter down, "cleaning" hearing and eye protection and watching the show play out. Cuz I took the bait EVERY DAMNED TIME. (Never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed. 😉🤷)

Jim Draper

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking about the current tug-a-war over tribal plates as I was driving around town this morning. I did see a good number of tribal plates, but I also saw a large number of paper tags, many of which were over 6 months out of date. When will LEO start ticketing those folks?
I see a lot of those myself. I saw one a couple of weeks ago that was 2 years old and I was wondering how they did it. Ridiculous!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking about the current tug-a-war over tribal plates as I was driving around town this morning. I did see a good number of tribal plates, but I also saw a large number of paper tags, many of which were over 6 months out of date. When will LEO start ticketing those folks?
Then there's the dump trucks with no tag whatsoever. Selective enforcement.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah man you're good. I gotta say, though, I was kinda shocked to read your post. @Glock 'em down is the only one around these parts who thinks I'm nice and that's just because he's scared of my dogs! 😂😂

Seriously though, I try to be nice but I don't have to be. It's Gentleman's choice. 😏😉😇😂😂
I think you're nice too. To people who deserve nice. :thumbup3:

Bruce G

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have probably been given tickets they just keep driving. We can’t pull anyone over for a paper tag unless it’s 30 days past the date on the tag. Once we do pull them over, the usual excuse is “I was going to get it done on payday”, or “the dealership lost my title in the mail”. If they’re WAY out of date that’s usually a good sign of dopers with no insurance no license and maybe warrants.

I will say this.. Oklahoma just had a law go into effect November 1st, HB2259, which prevents LEOs from arresting folks for Failure to Pay or Failure to Appear warrants without first giving them a warning citation, at least that’s how every agency in my surrounding area reads it. If people with multiple warrants become unafraid to go out and do whatever they want because because they know they’re due a warning first, they’re going to get bold. There will also be less incentive to pay fines and tickets. Not to mention, at least in my area, warrant arrests were a major factor in getting drugs off the street.

So if you see cops losing interest in writing tickets it’s likely because they feel there isn’t a point. The only people that will pay for tickets are responsible citizens that we don’t like pulling over to begin with. The pieces of **** will keep being pieces of **** and nothing will happen to them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom