Very good day today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is a teacher and between school and church has not had a lot of time over the years even in the summer for other things than family and she is 61 years of age. Several months ago she said she wanted to learn to shoot for home protection, she knows I won't be here for eternity, HA!. Well, being of sound mind I or a good female friend who knows what she is doing said she would instruct my wife and another lady friend and teacher on the basics. Well, our friend came to the house this AM and went over basics with several handguns mainly the Ruger GP100 I got from SuperDAve here on OSA which I got for my wife to start with. After an hour or so, our friend said let's go to the range, so off they went. NO, I did not go or want to get in their way. Well, all seemed to go well and per our instructor friend, DON'T GET IN HER SIGHTS, my wife's that is. Now, she is excited not about shooting per se but self defense. After shooting they looked at some guns and when sales people approached her she told them who she was and they scattered so to speak, no one messes with Grumpy, HA, and an inside joke for those who know. Anyway, I am excited, more than I have been in ages, because she has always said nothing on my guns and M1 restorations I used to do years ago. Life is good, and Mrs. Lone Wolf has well, a new hobby other than sewing, etc.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife is a teacher and between school and church has not had a lot of time over the years even in the summer for other things than family and she is 61 years of age. Several months ago she said she wanted to learn to shoot for home protection, she knows I won't be here for eternity, HA!. Well, being of sound mind I or a good female friend who knows what she is doing said she would instruct my wife and another lady friend and teacher on the basics. Well, our friend came to the house this AM and went over basics with several handguns mainly the Ruger GP100 I got from SuperDAve here on OSA which I got for my wife to start with. After an hour or so, our friend said let's go to the range, so off they went. NO, I did not go or want to get in their way. Well, all seemed to go well and per our instructor friend, DON'T GET IN HER SIGHTS, my wife's that is. Now, she is excited not about shooting per se but self defense. After shooting they looked at some guns and when sales people approached her she told them who she was and they scattered so to speak, no one messes with Grumpy, HA, and an inside joke for those who know. Anyway, I am excited, more than I have been in ages, because she has always said nothing on my guns and M1 restorations I used to do years ago. Life is good, and Mrs. Lone Wolf has well, a new hobby other than sewing, etc.

Wolf-

It is always good news to hear of another shooter getting involved in our hobby and especially so when it is one of the ladies. I am lucky to have a wife of many years who supports and encourages my addiction to our hobby. Sewing as a matter of fact is one of her hobbies and she occasionally goes to the range with me......

She is after me now to buy more reloading dies....... You got to love 'em...... I got real lucky when she had a weak moment years ago and said yes....

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good stuff there. +100 to your "unnamed" friend, that's what some say it's "supposed" to be about.

Thanks, to you and Harley, and the unnamed friend is well known in or on this forum. Just sayin'. I trust her and her husband on anything. And Harley, yes your so correct when she said yes in the 70's I knew I was blessed.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... You, sir, have created a monster! :D

Anytime any woman is interested in being responsible for her own self-defense it is a good day ... I wish more women would be. I would feel safer at dinner ... just saying ...

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... You, sir, have created a monster! :D

Anytime any woman is interested in being responsible for her own self-defense it is a good day ... I wish more women would be. I would feel safer at dinner ... just saying ...

Thank you, dear. She is and Cathy, too, hyped up, well, not hyped but let me say more aware of things now. I have always been the one here, and both now know what is necessary. Again, thank you.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bless his heart, he was sound asleep on the sofa!! No separation anxiety in that dog! He's walking GC now, looking for cats to chase ...

I'm glad the girls had a good time. Maybe I'll get to shoot a little next time ... just saying ... LOL

Oh, and BIG KUDOS to the kids at the range counter at H&H!! They were kinda busy but very patient with us as first-timers.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bless his heart, he was sound asleep on the sofa!! No separation anxiety in that dog! He's walking GC now, looking for cats to chase ...

I'm glad the girls had a good time. Maybe I'll get to shoot a little next time ... just saying ... LOL

Oh, and BIG KUDOS to the kids at the range counter at H&H!! They were kinda busy but very patient with us as first-timers.

Get two lanes then, dear. No problem. I am going down tomorrow to pick up the SOCOM I spoke of and Patti wants to wait for you on Friday, asked her if she wanted to shoot tomorrow, but no, and I love that, a GURL thing! Can't imagine why, but again, you get two lanes next to each other, early.

Latest posts

Top Bottom