Waiting tables is a lost art ... but since it makes for heavily discounted meals ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My last experience at chili's was not a pleasant one but it wasn't due to the wait staff it was due to another customer. A guy behind us was being an absolute dick to the wait staff for no good reason. He and I shared the same waiter and we had amazing service yet the cock waffle behind us wasn't happy with anything. The guy bitched about them being out of soda (not like his fat ass needed another coke). Then he bitched about the tea not being sweet enough, so fat ass decided to add 4-6 packs of sweetener to his already sweet tea. Next he bitched about the thunder game not being on every single TV and demanded the TV with the weather channel be changed to the thunder game. Mind you we were under a tornado watch and the weather was worsening by the minute. I turned around and said, "some of us would like to know what the weather is going to do." Fat boy looks at me and says, "well stare out the window not much has changed in the last 30 mins." By this time I'm boiling and look at the Manager and say, "This fat **** behind me can watch the thunder game on another TV please do not change the weather." The manager agrees and tells the other guy sorry but i'm not changing the TV station. The guy throws a fit like a child and demands to be compensated a free appetizer and of course the Manager folds and gives him what he wants. As our meal goes on I can hear him running his mouth about me. We finally finish our meal and gather our things to leave when I hear him call me an *******. At this point I lose it and push pass the manage and walk over to his table. I calmly ask him to repeat what he said. He plays stupid and says, "Calm down hulk I wasn't talking to you." I then slam my fist down on the table and proceed to tell him THIS ******* will be waiting outside for you. The guy turned as white as a ghost and wouldn't even dare look in my direction. Of course we didn't wait around I left immediately afterwards but i'm sure he was shitting bricks walking to his car.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
neginfluence ... Good God Man! We just came back from Arby's where there were only two tables in the joint -- us and a "family" with little kids ... You couldn't have heard anyone scream FIRE if the building was coming down around our ears ... What is it about "grown-ups" that think it is cool to pester little ones until they are so frustrated they are screaming at the top of their lungs and then act like they are trying to "fix" what wasn't wrong until they screwed around with it in the first place??

And people wonder why their teenagers act the way they do nowadays ... sheesh ...

I gotta remember this mantra ... drive-thru, drive-thru, drive-thru

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always had good experiences at Hal Smith restaurants. With the exception being TK Bar and Grill.

I'll agree that you can usually cook a better steak at home but, a prime steak from The Ranch is one place that I cannot match.

Latest posts

Top Bottom