Waiting tables is a lost art ... but since it makes for heavily discounted meals ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This oh my God this.

I hate when I order a steak medium rare and it's obviously well done. If it's not pouring juice and bright pink then it's over cooked!

This, doesnt matter how expensive a steak I get, its always over-cooked. I order rare just as I'd rather it moo, than come out a sneaker.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me too. She wears bandana tops.

LOL ... ONE little moment of indiscriminate sharing and I'll never live it down ... Ya'll old timers are a rough crowd!! (I wouldn't have ya'll any other way! ;) )

Pics or it didn't happen LOL

I'm getting the girls put back where they belong in a couple of weeks -- not to mention reduced -- carrying around 36DDDs for 40-some-odd years is a little rough on the neck and shoulders. If I'm lucky they'll be a nice, petite, perky B cup! I can hardly wait ... So ... NO, still no pics! LOL

BTW, you sound like GC ... he keeps saying "please, please, please ..." Nope. Nuthin' doing ... Pictures have a way of coming back to haunt a gal at the most inopportune times ... I have enough troubles keeping my past in my past ... ROFLMAO!

An update: GC wants Mexican tonight and I don't want to cook. He's been a good JBT so okay ... off to El Chico's we go. On the way to dinner we joke about how we couldn't possibly make it three nights in a row ... or could we?? Hmmmmm ...

Well, well, well ... I order a beer to go with my salad. (Shhhh ... It's my diet, I'll eat and drink what I want!)

Waitress says "Can I see your ID?"

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I AM 54 YEARS OLD!!! (Now mind you, if I was the vain sort of gal, I'd have been flattered, but I'm not and I didn't have my ID so I especially wasn't when she refused to serve me.) It's "corporate policy". OK, I'll admit to being a tad bit peeved ... Told the waitress that was ********. She looked like I had double-tapped her in the chest! (That made it all worthwhile! Wonder what she'd have done if she'd known there are actual loaded guns at the table! LOL)

GC, his ever helpful self says to the manager when she comes over to apologize, "Seriously, does she LOOK 21??!?!"

:saywhat:

Manager just makes it worse because I don't want an apology I want a beer and I'm old ... I shouldn't have to put up with this BS ...

So ... long story short (NOW she says :rolleyes2)

GC ordered a beer and then we played drink the beer when no one was looking. Reminded me of a day or two of yore ... HEY! I haven't ALWAYS been over 21 ... :anyone:

Dinner was nice, new waitress was nice (guess I scared the other one!) ... The server was a freakin' weirdo though ... We are staying home and I'm cooking next month. :disappoin

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This, doesnt matter how expensive a steak I get, its always over-cooked. I order rare just as I'd rather it moo, than come out a sneaker.

I feel you guys. Back when I was still eating beef I'd order mine rare ... NEVER got it that way the first time around. I swear I could order carpaccio and it would come out of the kitchen charred ...

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An update: GC wants Mexican tonight and I don't want to cook. He's been a good JBT so okay ... off to El Chico's we go. On the way to dinner we joke about how we couldn't possibly make it three nights in a row ... or could we?? Hmmmmm ...

Well, well, well ... I order a beer to go with my salad. (Shhhh ... It's my diet, I'll eat and drink what I want!)

Waitress says "Can I see your ID?"

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I AM 54 YEARS OLD!!! (Now mind you, if I was the vain sort of gal, I'd have been flattered, but I'm not and I didn't have my ID so I especially wasn't when she refused to serve me.) It's "corporate policy". OK, I'll admit to being a tad bit peeved ... Told the waitress that was ********. She looked like I had double-tapped her in the chest! (That made it all worthwhile! Wonder what she'd have done if she'd known there are actual loaded guns at the table! LOL)

GC, his ever helpful self says to the manager when she comes over to apologize, "Seriously, does she LOOK 21??!?!"

:saywhat:

Manager just makes it worse because I don't want an apology I want a beer and I'm old ... I shouldn't have to put up with this BS ...

So ... long story short (NOW she says :rolleyes2)

GC ordered a beer and then we played drink the beer when no one was looking. Reminded me of a day or two of yore ... HEY! I haven't ALWAYS been over 21 ... :anyone:

Dinner was nice, new waitress was nice (guess I scared the other one!) ... The server was a freakin' weirdo though ... We are staying home and I'm cooking next month. :disappoin

Sorry to say that if you came to where I work and you order a drink and on the off chance that I ask for ID, I am not permitted to sell you alcohol if you don't have one with you. Tough rules but thems the ropes.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to say that if you came to where I work and you order a drink and on the off chance that I ask for ID, I am not permitted to sell you alcohol if you don't have one with you. Tough rules but thems the ropes.

Oh, I know ... It's just I seem to have all the luck. There was another couple there who were both drinking. Their server didn't ID her, only him (they were about our ages from what GC told me, I was sitting with my back to them so I couldn't tell you).

But like all rules, there are ways around them. I got my beer and the better of the two waitresses based on my observations of Waitress No. 1 while we were eating. So ... see?? All's well, that end's well. (And Waitress No. 2 got a hefty tip from the money I saved on Wednesday and Thursday night -- just so I could make sure it got back to Waitress No. 1.)

JBHusted

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please tell us more.

I am always looking for a good cafe. There aren't any cafes left in Shawnee, and the one in Meeker, (Bad Dawg), has new owners that ruined it.

I might just drive up with the family tomorrow to try it out.

What is the cafe name, address, hours, menu, etc.?

Thanks.

The only "webpage" she has is the facebook page. . .which does have a menu on it. Open 7am to 8:30pm M-F and 7am to 2pm on Saturday. Menu is just good mom/pop greasy food. Burgers, chicken.

It is right in downtown Agra. The actual address is 15 South Main. . .but since it is one of the two (2) businesses in the downtown area, it's hard to miss :-)

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I havent been out to eat in months and months. Last time i did though my experience at logans in owasso wasnt that great and the server didnt get a tip.

Oh and the last time i ever tried to order a drink at a restaurant(on the border on 41st) and didnt have my ID because I left it at the gun shop where i just bought a gun. I was sicker than a dog the next day. I got food poisoning from the chicken burrito i had at OTB.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tip starts at 15% and increases or decreases from there as the meal goes on when we eat out. Sad to say that typically its less

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My family has experience poor service so much so that I've just come to expect it.

This morning was different. I stopped off at Waffle House in Yukon this morning around 7:30 before running some errands. I was pleasantly surprised with the level of good quality service. The waittress and other employees were genuinely interested in providing good service and going above and beyond. There were 2 senior waittresses (you could tell these ladies had spent some years behind a coffee pot). They knew their craft and were awesome. What was even more refreshing is there were 2 younger gals working there and you could tell they were picking up their good habits. I will definitely be going back to see my waittress, Connie. A big thumbs up for them!

Latest posts

Top Bottom