Wal-Mart bb & pellet pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear you about not shopping at wally world. We’ve got another grocery store in town but they don’t offer other stuff we need/want. I don’t like going in there myself, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean… It’s their business, they can do what they want. Kind of like not baking cakes for some people because you don’t like them.
Yeah, but the guy who didn't want to bake the cake wasn't trying to hide behind non-existent state laws. I don't care if the Walmarts wants to not sell BB guns to anyone under 21, they just need to own their policy, not lie about it.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.fieldandstream.com/outdoor-gear/can-anyone-buy-a-bb-gun/
“Federal law prevents states from prohibiting the sale of traditional BB, pellet, or other air guns. But it does allow individual states to prohibit the sale of BB guns to minors. Courts have ruled this to be legal so long as the regulations fall short of an actual prohibition on their sale. Federal law provides no guidance on a minimum age of BB gun sales. That, too, is left up to the states.”

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, but the guy who didn't want to bake the cake wasn't trying to hide behind non-existent state laws. I don't care if the Walmarts wants to not sell BB guns to anyone under 21, they just need to own their policy, not lie about it.

They did state which state’s law they were talking about. Wouldn’t surprise me if someone looked up the wrong state’s law and/or made the assumption that some young local wouldn’t be bother to actually look up the law.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They did state which state’s law they were talking about. Wouldn’t surprise me if someone looked up the wrong state’s law and/or made the assumption that some young local wouldn’t be bother to actually look up the law.
According to the OP, he was at the "local Walmart," and his location says "Caddo County," so the presumption is that they were referencing Oklahoma's laws, as no other state laws would apply in Caddo county. (Even if his "local Walmart" is in a neighboring county, Oklahoma's is still the only applicable state law.)

If I were to be "charitable" and assume incompetence over cowardice, I'd say that Walmart's corporate policy is based on the lowest common denominator of state laws (which makes some sense for a nationwide retailer), and someone was halfway paying attention and conflated the explanation with the policy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom