Wal-Mart pulling all guns today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If memory serves some Wal-Mart stores used to sell pistols.
Indeed they did.

The original Walmart in Madill (opened '80-ish?) was a veritable gold mine of sporting goods. Rifles, shotguns, handguns, black powder guns (along with powder & boolits for 'em), scopes & other stuff (bought the Bushnell scope on my current '06 there).

Plus they had a pretty decent selection of hand/power tools, plumbing supplies & hardware. There was only a short (30-40ft?) aisle of groceries - mostly chips, dips, soft drinks, bread/crackers & condiments.

<sigh> :/

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Sears in Enid was two stories. We’d get our Husky brand jeans there. I’d pick out my pair as quick as I could so I could run down the stairs to those barrels filled with cosmoline covered beauty’s

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know there was an Oshman's Sporting Goods across the street from the mall on 41st. I bought a Browning Buck Mark 22 there sometime in the 90s.
I remember Oshmans.This store was in the lower level of Southland or southroads mall.Which ever one that is on the north side of 41st.I looked it up and it was Looboyles.Anyway they only took cash and I had only been working a few months but I bought 2 S&W model 66s that week and paid $260.00 for each one.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was by the Walmart just off of I-35 in Norman, OK.

Wall Mart Gun Supply Norman.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom