Walk Behind Self Propelled Mower for small yards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wrong. They do make them, just don't come with them. I honestly have almost never come across a time I needed to discharge, but if you want to with your commercial Honda you can. Honda Side Discharge Chute 06814-VE2-030 HR214 HR 214 HRM215 HRB215 Lawnmower 633210084722 | eBay
Hmm, thanks. I just took the word of the Honda dealer I bought it from. They said they used to make them, but not anymore. I occasionally get into a little taller damp stuff that it would be handy to be able to just discharge. Thanks for the link.

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ego if you want electric or Honda if gas powered. I have one of each and even tho the gas powered one gets used less and less it's nice to have a backup.

Reaction score
I got the Greenworks 48V 20" Brushless Cordless Self-Propelled Lawn Mower from Amazon when it hit the lowest price. It uses 2 lithium batteries. No more gas, oil, air filter, spark plug, or breathing fumes. I have used it on two yards, and I like it so far. I got a second set of batteries when they hit $65. The charger holds 2 batteries and is noisy, so I keep it in a room away from people. It came with a drill that uses one of the batteries. I already have some solar panels and an inverter so I can charge the batteries for free. I will be mowing when the world collapses. You just push a button to start the blade, and it can run self-propelled without running the blade. It is great for anyone who has trouble starting a gas mower. It has a smooth slider for speed control. The height adjusts with one lever. It is light enough that I can push it without the self-propelled feature when I need to maneuver around obstacles. This is a great option for someone with a small yard. Bigger yards will require an extra set of batteries or mowing in stages. Time will tell if it was a good purchase. So far, I am happy.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have a toro Recycler, with self pace ,, works great,i have the 6.75 Briggs and stratton engine,bent a tab on the govener to make it run faster,(more rpm's)bags really good now,,,the self pace feature is just a belt tightener that pulls the belt tight between two v pulleys,,get a spare belt,,,if u mow while the grass is not tall you wont have to rake or bag,,now if u do wait till its tall and dont want to bag or rake ,, Toro makes a Super Recycler that cuts grass up into tiny pieces,,mow 3 inch thick grass nothing to pickup.!!!!

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What the best brand?
HONDA, had mine 10 years without an issue , has started every time on the first or second pull for 10 years….. mostly first pull (and no primer bulb).. I would never own another brand at this point. My toro was pretty decent but the primer bulbs and all that crap gets old.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honda. Hands down the best. It will pack grass in the bag until you have to dig it out to dump it. The others will quit pushing grass into the bag when about half full. Honda will nearly suck the ground clean as well. When mowing around outdoor break rooms the cigarrete butts and pistachio shells are sucked up into the bag instead of stirred up by lesser mowers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom