Walk Behind Self Propelled Mower for small yards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a commercial Honda and it's been smooth 1 pull starts since. Only complaint I have is that it's only mulch or bag, no discharge option. I didn't even think to check that before I bought it.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honda.

I used to mow 20+ years ago with an old Lawnboy 2 stroke that never had any problems. Don't want the new ones.

Last edited:

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like I’m the only perso with bad experience with Honda mowers. I bent the shaft on the one I owned and Honda wouldn’t cover it under warranty. I replaced it with a Toro and have been very pleased with it.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What the best brand?
Like a dummy over the years I bought several Craftsman self-powered mowers with 6.75HP Briggs&Stratton motors. The drive system always died quickly leaving a great running motor on a heavy and as hard to push as a tank housing. Finally pulled motors and bolted to very light weight junked mower decks. Easy starting, pushing, very powerful, never bogs even in foot tall grass. Push mowers on several residences and at lodge for the exercise, keep the legs, cardio going.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a commercial Honda and it's been smooth 1 pull starts since. Only complaint I have is that it's only mulch or bag, no discharge option. I didn't even think to check that before I bought it.

Wrong. They do make them, just don't come with them. I honestly have almost never come across a time I needed to discharge, but if you want to with your commercial Honda you can. Honda Side Discharge Chute 06814-VE2-030 HR214 HR 214 HRM215 HRB215 Lawnmower 633210084722 | eBay

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My Honda has the speed control handle, best mower if have ever had.
Toro, you are taking a chance. Toro makes NOTHING. Put their name on the lowest bid, warranty is CRAP. You MIGHT get a decent product, you may not. Crap shoot.

man you sure you ain’t getting confused with Troy Built? I’ve heard that stuff Is junk. 😂

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like my Toro with the self-pace system; the more you push on the handle the faster it goes, it goes at your pace.
When they first told me about this feature I figured it was a gimmick that wouldn't last, but this is my second toro with this feature (tornado took the first one).
Works great.
+1

Latest posts

Top Bottom