Wall mounted surround sound speakers....how did you set yours up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody got speakers mounted on their walls for surround sound? I am going to have my new living room prewired for surround sound and decided that I'm going to keep the bose cube speakers that I have and mount them in the corners of the room.....budget wise, I just can't go with in the wall speakers right now.

So, I'm asking for pics of your surround sound set up to give me an idea....I am going to buy wire today after work....is there anything I need to know?...any advice? Thanks.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any pics, but in a previous house I had some of the ball swivel mounts and they were great for being able to easily mount and adjust.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any pics, but in a previous house I had some of the ball swivel mounts and they were great for being able to easily mount and adjust.

That's how our old house was along with the two big ones mounted in the back. I placed mine per the instructions that came with the bose system. Three small ball mount in front of room, two bigger ones screwd to the wall up in the back, and base laying on the floor in a corner. Mine came with all the mounting brackets and wire. I don't have any pics and the system was pulled down a few months ago or I'd go take some for you.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with mounting the center channel speaker, unless the TV is also wall mounted and the speaker will be directly under it. You want the center channel speaker to be as close as possible to ear level. 16 or 18 ga wire will be plenty. 18 will be a bit less expensive, and will not make a difference considering the amount of wattage you'll be pushing through it. Do not buy Monster speaker wire, it's a ripoff.

As far as the mounts themselves, don't let Bose trick you into thinking you need their proprietary mounts. Lots of universals will work. For what it's worth, Yamaha makes a decent set of in-ceiling speakers with an articulating tweeter for $150, I believe. Budget friendly but not crap either.

IreneKennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With 10'ceilings, I installed Bose Cubes 8'-0" AFF at back (rear) Photos 69, 70, 71
Front Cubes was install on Bose Stands each side of T.V., Photo 72
Center Cube installed below T.V.
Base Module on floor 5' to the side of T.V.

I hope photos will open, amateur posting pics.

i1201.photobucket.com_albums_bb349_jlwil_069.jpg

i1201.photobucket.com_albums_bb349_jlwil_070.jpg

i1201.photobucket.com_albums_bb349_jlwil_071.jpg

i1201.photobucket.com_albums_bb349_jlwil_072.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom