Walmart Receipt Checking Lawsuits Thrown Out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Against my better judgement I stopped by the 81st & Lewis location cause I was out of Mobil 1 synthetic, cleaning supplies and beer.
Self check out complete I headed out and was stopped at the exit doors by a nervous but rather friendly man who wanted to check my receipt vrs cart contents.
At first I was wondering why he would choose me as I looked around at all of the gang bangers and homeless folks cruising in and out the exit.
Maybe he figured out of all of the human debris floating in and out I was the one person he could ask that was the least likely to scream at him, punch him in the mouth or pull a pistol and shoot him.
I gave him my receipt, he looked at it for about 5 seconds, he thanked me and I was outa there.
Nobody wonders why some locations close down.?

Maybe Pedo Joe and CONgress should take from the profitable and give to offset the loss of thievery and keep the stores open.

They are halfway there, now. Plus, all those "new customers" they are bringing in, should be a boon to business.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the Penn location frisking would be more appropriate.
Several years ago I had dropped my wife off at the door to run in and grab something. Our girls and I went to park the truck and wait. As we were waiting we noticed these two young men wheeling out a cart with quite a few items stacked on it. And not too far behind them were security folks. One of the two white boys tried to run (while wearing flip-flops no less) and as he ran he slammed into the side of my truck and was flinging both flip-flops as he ran to the apartments nearby. I'm sure they eventually caught him, but that was quite the site to see.

Didn't damage my truck at all and the security guard stopped and asked if we were fine. :)

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you just say no, have a nice day they are not allowed to do anything. If you feel like showing it that's fine, if you don't just say no. Not a big deal. I'll never understand why people feel compelled to do something just because someone asks. Set firm boundaries, just say no and move along.

I go to the one on Danforth and Santa Fe in Edmond. Less human waste there and no shakedown.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ZomboMeme 4683.jpg

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crazy. I wonder why it's different in some areas?

I have a long winded story about differences in the walmarts. You can scroll on down now if you’d prefer.

I was at my local, kinda rural walmarts a couple years ago buying household cleaning supplies. (About the only game in town anymore is why, and it’s all I buy there) I noticed a lady looking at dog beds in a center aisle hopper on my way back and she was looking at her phone and at the tag on the bed, very intently. I had to go around the other side cause she was blocking my lane. I gathered up all my **** and headed to the checkout. I always go to a live person lane, and lo and behold this dog bed lady was in front of me. The checker scanned the beds and they rang up at like $40 each, I didn’t notice how much the shelf price was cause I wasn't buying dog beds. Lady showed checker her phone, checker called supervisor girl over, supervisor girl looked at phone and at register and told the lady, “you’ve got the Norman store pulled up, that’s their price not ours”. Dog bed lady says, “yes but I can order them online and get them shipped for free, and Norman is only 15 miles from here”. Super girl says, “yeah, our prices here are always higher on everything than Norman, Yukon, Mustang or OKC”. Dog bed lady says, “they’re 19 bucks there and $40 here? That’s insane, you can keep them”.

I told that story so I could tell this one, I thought all the walmarts had pretty much the same pricing all over. That apparently is not the case. Who knew?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you just say no, have a nice day they are not allowed to do anything. If you feel like showing it that's fine, if you don't just say no. Not a big deal. I'll never understand why people feel compelled to do something just because someone asks. Set firm boundaries, just say no and move along.

I go to the one on Danforth and Santa Fe in Edmond. Less human waste there and no shakedown.

This is what I do. If I’m not in a hurry I’ll let them look. If I’m in a hurry I tell them I’ll let them look twice next time and keep moving.

They’re generally older folks. I’m not gonna be mean to some old person that’s working there because they need to eat. When it comes down to it, I’m probably never in that big of a hurry in there anymore, cause I very rarely go. I do still go though, so I’m kinda ashamed of myself for that.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a long winded story about differences in the walmarts. You can scroll on down now if you’d prefer.

I was at my local, kinda rural walmarts a couple years ago buying household cleaning supplies. (About the only game in town anymore is why, and it’s all I buy there) I noticed a lady looking at dog beds in a center aisle hopper on my way back and she was looking at her phone and at the tag on the bed, very intently. I had to go around the other side cause she was blocking my lane. I gathered up all my **** and headed to the checkout. I always go to a live person lane, and lo and behold this dog bed lady was in front of me. The checker scanned the beds and they rang up at like $40 each, I didn’t notice how much the shelf price was cause I wasn't buying dog beds. Lady showed checker her phone, checker called supervisor girl over, supervisor girl looked at phone and at register and told the lady, “you’ve got the Norman store pulled up, that’s their price not ours”. Dog bed lady says, “yes but I can order them online and get them shipped for free, and Norman is only 15 miles from here”. Super girl says, “yeah, our prices here are always higher on everything than Norman, Yukon, Mustang or OKC”. Dog bed lady says, “they’re 19 bucks there and $40 here? That’s insane, you can keep them”.

I told that sorry so I could tell this one, I thought all the walmarts had pretty much the same pricing all over. That apparently is not the case. Who knew?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
What I think is crazy is that they won't price match their own website so I had to buy item (grandkid's bicycle) online while still in the store mind you and then wait an hour for email saying it was ready for pickup from same store, but saved like $60. Sam Walton is probably doing somersaults in his grave!

Latest posts

Top Bottom