Walmart Receipt Checking Lawsuits Thrown Out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First of all a true policy is something that is mandated across the board. Costco receipt checking is a policy. I have been to many Walmart locations last who don’t even have a person at the door or people who don’t even care to check.

Costco has a true policy. If you do not show them your receipt on the way out the door they will find out who you are and revoke your membership. You sign this policy and agree to abide by it when you join their membership. Walmart has no such membership.

As far as your personal experience, no one can speak to that. Every personal experience is different. However, being black myself, I have been asked for receipts when I have seen over a dozen non-blacks walk through the exit with no question. I am the first to say that the black community has an issue with criminality. However, if you were going to an institute a “policy” in 2023, you had better make sure it is a firm, fair and consistent.

I have no problem with showing my receipt at Costco or Sam’s Club when I exit because I have chosen to be a member and I know that every single person is checked. No matter what you may believe or have personally experienced in your limited view, Walmart does, and will always discriminate. Wether justified or not. I would rather them make a true policy and check every single receipt on the way out, than choose who they believe should be checked.

Policy can be set by management in a single store.

My personal experience is just that mine, you are correct, but it is no less relevant than yours just because my skin lacks melatonin.

I have worked retail for going on 17 years, in those years I have only on a very few occasions witnessed a person of color attempting to steal. Most of the thieves I have had to deal with have been white. The latest being a older white male with merch in his back pockets that his un tucked shirt was hung up on, thats the only reason we knew he had anything on his person. Guys been coming in for months, now we get to play the follow around the store game.

While I do agree all policies should be enforced evenly across the board its difficult to do when so many, as witnessed here in this thread refuse to follow a policy when asked for a receipt.

Now with all of that being said, you are correct in that I do not know what it is like to be a black man.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom