walnut media

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahoma Stronghold

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rookie reader here.
I just got a tumbler to start cleaning up all of the brass that I have. It came w corn cob media and polish. The manual said that I should use untreated walnut media. I don't care so much about my brass being all shiny new as much as being clean for my dies (when I get my reloader). Do u use walnut? If so, do u use it and then use the corn cob?

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the corn cob is ground small enough it will work ok. Be careful of some of the corncob media, it will get stuck in 223 cases and is a real mess to get out.
I use ground walnut media, I buy the 25 pound bags of lizzard litter from the big pet store chains. Much cheaper than buying regular tumbling media and
it is just as good. When it starts to get dirty, I put a few capfuls of low odor mineral spirits in to revive it. For esepcially shiny brass, you can add liquid car
polish in a few capfuls to the media and it really shines the brass. It also reduces the life of the media somewhat. Blitzfike

Latest posts

Top Bottom