Wanenmacher gun show April 1-2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Excitement level for upcoming Wanenmacher

• Well Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Gotta mow the yard

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Wake me up when it's Monday

Votes: 15 16.0%

• Total voters

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be there, however I will likely be unable to buy much. Just got a 5 digit tax bill…. 🤬
I loathe the IRS.
I had that happen once, a younger co-worker asked what it was like and I explained.

"It was like the sky was covered in dark clouds and a ceaseless pouring rain. Suddenly the clouds parted and an outstretched hand reached down, a voice boomed, "Welcome to the Republican party!"

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Somebody didn't choose enough deductions on their regular pay periods!!!

The wifey & I are getting back some money, but only about $225,
So we have our deductions set up about right.
We are claiming zero deductions and still got hit hard. Unfortunately, all the old deductions that we used to be able to use have been eliminated over that past several years. (Mileage being a BIG one)
The other issue is, even though we both claimed zero, our amount of federal taxes taken out was ~10% for me and 2% for my wife. I am not sure how they do the calculations? We learned a valuable lesson, run the tax calculator math and make sure the employers are taking out enough. (A big portion of my income 50% came in the late 3rd and early 4th quarter. At that point we did not realize the tax implication of that much income in that short of a period of time)
The good news is we are debt free thanks to that 3rd and 4th quarter income and have (had) a fully funded 3 months of expenses saved. We will be fine but it still hurts!

Latest posts

Top Bottom