Wanenmacher gun show April 1-2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Excitement level for upcoming Wanenmacher

• Well Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Gotta mow the yard

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Wake me up when it's Monday

Votes: 15 16.0%

• Total voters

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I missed the last couple of them, but I hear they have been smaller. Not sure if that is part in due to the covid bullhocky or the loss of Mr. Wanemacher or just the new political atmosphere.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will be there, however I will likely be unable to buy much. Just got a 5 digit tax bill…. 🤬
I loathe the IRS.
Dang, I thought we got hit hard. At least our robbery loss to the IRS is only four digits, high four digits, but at least it ain't five. That said I won't be going, I don't want to look at stuff I can't buy. FJB

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are claiming zero deductions and still got hit hard. Unfortunately, all the old deductions that we used to be able to use have been eliminated over that past several years. (Mileage being a BIG one)
The other issue is, even though we both claimed zero, our amount of federal taxes taken out was ~10% for me and 2% for my wife. I am not sure how they do the calculations? We learned a valuable lesson, run the tax calculator math and make sure the employers are taking out enough. (A big portion of my income 50% came in the late 3rd and early 4th quarter. At that point we did not realize the tax implication of that much income in that short of a period of time)
The good news is we are debt free thanks to that 3rd and 4th quarter income and have (had) a fully funded 3 months of expenses saved. We will be fine but it still hurts!
You know you can have your employer deduct any amount of taxes you choose. You could also set up quarterly tax estimates based on your income that quarter.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prices were crazy last Nov. It was the first time in over 10 years I left emptyhanded from there.

I'll be there in Nov again though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom