Wanenmacher gun show report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have to gouge when tables are $165 each and most 6 footers at that. you got to sell a lot at 10-20% markup to pay for tables,motel,help,gas etc. so the prices go up.

Funny, they didn't have to for many years and still did quite well.

AbundantEntropy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, we get all up in arms (lol) about every company, event, etc that doesn't allow carry but I haven't seen it brought up in regard to the Wanenmacher show. Their policy is open or concealed carry is absolutely allowed as long as they are absolutely not loaded. Just curious why they aren't lambasted or maybe I just haven't paid attention.

IB4CiC (In before concealed is concealed.)
Look at the doors of the expo. No firearms. Its actually owned by the city or county and is technically prohibited from carrying firearms but since they are "disabled" (zip ties) it is accepted. Try that at a courthouse. That's why you can check your ammo at the door. They were sticklers about making sure you were out the door before reloading but would cut your band on your carry at least.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at the doors of the expo. No firearms. Its actually owned by the city or county and is technically prohibited from carrying firearms but since they are "disabled" (zip ties) it is accepted. Try that at a courthouse. That's why you can check your ammo at the door. They were sticklers about making sure you were out the door before reloading but would cut your band on your carry at least.

While I appreciate your attempt to enlighten me on the nuances of the SDA law, I am aware that fairgrounds themselves are exempt from restrictions but that the buildings are a different story and that whoever is leasing the building from the city/county can set their own policy. For example, the last gunshow I went to in Okc had signs welcoming concealed or open carry without making the citizenry unload their carry weapons. If you were selling a weapon, it got checked by Okc PD but the people in that line that were OC-ing did not have the weapon on their hip checked just the one they brought in to sell. An older gentleman asked specifically if he needed to remove his 1911 from it's holster and told 'nope, enjoy the show' by the female officer.

My question is directed to the tacit approval by the esteemed members of OSA of the biggest gunshow in all the land restricting that right to carry in the name of safety vs the ***** fest that arises from a business doing the same on their establishment or on public property (State Fair Assn or Tulsa's Oktoberfest). Just thought it a bit odd.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The show was a lot slower than I expected. I agree that there are definitely price gougers who have hurt gun shows in general. Depending on how things go in 2016, we may see the market flooded with guns and ammo, as people decide to unload what they bought in a panic.

AbundantEntropy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I appreciate your attempt to enlighten me on the nuances of the SDA law, I am aware that fairgrounds themselves are exempt from restrictions but that the buildings are a different story and that whoever is leasing the building from the city/county can set their own policy. For example, the last gunshow I went to in Okc had signs welcoming concealed or open carry without making the citizenry unload their carry weapons. If you were selling a weapon, it got checked by Okc PD but the people in that line that were OC-ing did not have the weapon on their hip checked just the one they brought in to sell. An older gentleman asked specifically if he needed to remove his 1911 from it's holster and told 'nope, enjoy the show' by the female officer.

My question is directed to the tacit approval by the esteemed members of OSA of the biggest gunshow in all the land restricting that right to carry in the name of safety vs the ***** fest that arises from a business doing the same on their establishment or on public property (State Fair Assn or Tulsa's Oktoberfest). Just thought it a bit odd.
Ok I believe your original post was not clear. I also agree that if you legally can carry based on rules of renters then you should be allowed to be loaded. Idk show the cop your card and go. Not a huge deal. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the panic prices, too.

that's the problem I am seeing. you can buy a gun new, with tax, and ffl transfer (if needed) for less than can be had in the second hand market. all the goobers who paid $1000 for basic dpms ARs and WASRs a few years ago think we should pay them a premium for their USED gun, because they panicked and overpaid.

kinda burns me up pretty bad.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used gun prices are way out of whack. The various Facebook gun pages are full of folks arguing about prices (it's kinda funny, but kinda sad). I'm not just talking about "collectable" guns either. People are expecting to get new prices for used guns.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used gun prices are way out of whack. The various Facebook gun pages are full of folks arguing about prices (it's kinda funny, but kinda sad). I'm not just talking about "collectable" guns either. People are expecting to get new prices for used guns.

Yep, I've seen a few $750-600 used glocks on a few of the pages. The comments ARE entertaining for sure...

Latest posts

Top Bottom