Was Rear Ended, Considering an Attorney

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with a lawyer unless they (the insurance co.) give you the run-around.

Unless you're trying to prove some major Pain & Suffering (like loss of limb, something that affects your career, extended time off work that could cause loss of job), I would still consider strongly just dealing with it yourself.

Document everything, have reasons for what you claim, and be persistent.

I've had to deal with both unreasonable and reasonable companies. I won't involve a lawyer unless there's major money involved or if they try to jerk me around on it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last person to hit me had Progressive. They handled the claim in a satisfactory manner.

What is your reason to hire an attorney? Are you expecting to not be reimbursed for damages? Or are you going after punitive damages? Just curious why you think you need an attorney.

I'm not sure I really need one; just soliciting advice and opinions from ya'll. The guy who smacked into me wasn't a jerk or anything. So right now I'm just asking a question...ya know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a few people don't want the OP to know what his legal rights may be.

http://vaughnconway.com

These forums are filled with posts from people railing against our litigious society. Maybe they're just practicing what they preach.

I had a lady pull out in front of me, I T-boned her on my motorcycle at around 30 MPH. I was sore as hell, bike was destroyed, she had insurance.

Got a new bike, I got better. No lawyer made a cent off of me.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure I really need one; just soliciting advice and opinions from ya'll. The guy who smacked into me wasn't a jerk or anything. So right now I'm just asking a question...ya know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would contact one just to see what they think since you do have a cervical strain.

I would recommend Jeff Laird Sr. at Laird, Hammons, Laird. He was my wife's attorney a few years ago and he was great! I've know him since I was a kid.

Oklahoma City
Laird Hammons Laird Trial Lawyers

http://www.lhllaw.com/

1332 SW 89th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73159
Local: 405-259-5634 Toll Free: 855-637-1143 Fax: 405-703-4061

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I would contact one just to see what they think since you do have a cervical strain.

I would recommend Jeff Laird Sr. at Laird, Hammons, Laird. He was my wife's attorney a few years ago and he was great! I've know him since I was a kid.

Oklahoma City
Laird Hammons Laird Trial Lawyers

http://www.lhllaw.com/

1332 SW 89th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73159
Local: 405-259-5634 Toll Free: 855-637-1143 Fax: 405-703-4061

I would contact a doctor if I thought I had a medical issue.

Collecting reparation from damages from an organization whose job is to provide relief from damages is not a legal issue until one of the parties makes it such.

What are you going to ask a lawyer? "I think I have whiplash, can I sue someone?"

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Life is weird. Jinxed myself. Rear ended for the second time ever tonight, one month from the first time ever.

I actually have damage this time. He shouldn't have swerved. If he centered my reciever like the previous girl he'd not have damaged me. He swerved and pushed my bumper into my rear quarter.

We both have state farm. Hoping they just cut me a check for exactly my estimate from MY preferred body shop without hassle. Any tips appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom