Watch Your Stickers…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During church services this morning, out of all the vehicles in the parking lots, eight pickups had windows smashed and cash and four handguns stolen. It may not be related, but I suspect that it was the deciding factor in which vehicles were broken into, all eight had stickers that might have indicated the presence of firearms. One of the trucks has a sticker for the maker of the fiberglass bed liner “bullet”, he has no firearms in the truck or at home.

Don’t advertise what might be inside…..

Last edited:

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
During church services this morning, out of all the vehicles in the parking lots, eight pickups had windows smashed and cash and four handguns stolen. It may not be related, but I suspect that it was the deciding factor in which vehicles were broken into, all eight had stickers that might have indicated the presence of firearms. One of the trucks has a sticker for the maker of the fiberglass bed cover “bullet”, he has no firearms in the truck or at home.

Don’t advertise what might be inside…..
It's not even what's inside. You're at church. They get in to your vehicle and get your registration. Now they have your home address and are fairly certain there's nobody home. Or they wait til you go to work and check your house out. I've said it before and I'll continue to tell people. DO NOT put firearms related stickers on your vehicle. No NRA, no bow hunting, no nothing.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I buy something that isn't concealable, I either unload it in the garage with the door down, or, after dark if I can't park in the garage. No stickers on the vehicles. No stickers or signs in the garage that are visible to the outside if the door is open.

I try to roll like a fart --- silent but deadly.

:bolt:

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They get in to your vehicle and get your registration. Now they have your home address and are fairly certain there's nobody home. Or they wait til you go to work and check your house out. I've said it before and I'll continue to tell people. DO NOT put firearms related stickers on your vehicle. No NRA, no bow hunting, no nothing.

And if you're like most folks, you have a garage door opener in your vehicle. They can walk right in, close the garage door, and take even more time thieving your stuff.

I'm seriously considering not putting my garage door opener in the vehicles, and just using the keypad by the door to operate the opener.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never put gun related decals on our vehicles........has always seemed to me that it would be almost the same thing as telling every crook in town that you own guns so why advertise ?

On garage door openers.......the better half parks in the garage and my two vehicles sit outside and after a rash of burglaries in town last spring attributed (according to the local PD) to folks leaving garage door openers in their vehicles I pulled them out of my outdoor vehicles.

Now the door opener is one more "don't forget" thing added to the list of what to grab off the breakfast bar when I head out the door........handgun, wallet, keys, pocket knife and garage door opener.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I kinda go to the extreme...I don't leave anything of real value in my truck, because I never lock the doors.

My father taught myself and my two brothers to never lock your vehicle doors because it only keeps an "honest" man out and if you lock them, the crook will just bust out your window to gain entry.

It's been proven that crooks will always try the door latch first, to see if it's open, to keep the noise level to a minimum.

If they bash your window out, then not only do you gotta replace the stuff stolen, you gotta buy a new glass as well. :grumble:

As for the window stickers? This is the only one I have proudly on display... :rollingla

795ea61a-33bb-4ca1-8165-6494c571a62f.64a9c87b8c6b6aa1a7f2e2688e3f16e5.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom