Watch Your Stickers…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something that hasn't been said here and I personally think most people overlook is our various GPS and MAPs devices.

Most cars with GPS have a setting for HOME. And most people foolishly put their home address into it. Same cars usually have built in garage door openers.

While it is nice to be able to just hit "go home" and get a quick reference home, might be much more advisable to put an address nearby in that setting. I pick a place a few miles away. I know that once I get in the general area, I can find my way home, but when driving back from Dallas, Tulsa, San Antonio, it won't make any difference in the directions I get.

Same thing with our "smart" phones. NEVER put your real "HOME" in there. Maps or otherwise.
How many smart phones also have aps for garage door openers, alarms, etc on them.
Someone gets your phone, opens up the "home" location and has access to everything.

My "home" settings are never my actual home.
This is something that I had to get my wife to understand. She, at first, couldn't understand why I didn't want to program the garage door opener in her car to actually open our garage. And, at first, she thought I was paranoid for putting "Home" as the Wal-Mart about a mile from our house. After a little discussion she now understands and completely backs my "tin foil hat"edness.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
And this is partly why I drive what I do. I don't look like I have enough money to afford to leave it laying around or buy a firearm. No externally accessible computers or GPS units. Heck, I don't even have a garage.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And this is partly why I drive what I do. I don't look like I have enough money to afford to leave it laying around or buy a firearm. No externally accessible computers or GPS units. Heck, I don't even have a garage.

Urban Camouflage.

When I was in college, eveyone rode bikes.
Bike theft was rampant.

I had a nice, light weight alloy frame racing style.

Took and spray painted it flat black and then beat the hell out of the paint job with a chain.
Handle tape was ratty and dirty from smearing mud on it.

No one ever looked twice at it or realized how much it was worth.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something that hasn't been said here and I personally think most people overlook is our various GPS and MAPs devices.

Most cars with GPS have a setting for HOME. And most people foolishly put their home address into it. Same cars usually have built in garage door openers.

While it is nice to be able to just hit "go home" and get a quick reference home, might be much more advisable to put an address nearby in that setting. I pick a place a few miles away. I know that once I get in the general area, I can find my way home, but when driving back from Dallas, Tulsa, San Antonio, it won't make any difference in the directions I get.

Same thing with our "smart" phones. NEVER put your real "HOME" in there. Maps or otherwise.
How many smart phones also have aps for garage door openers, alarms, etc on them.
Someone gets your phone, opens up the "home" location and has access to everything.

My "home" settings are never my actual home.
I put my home setting as the pasture down the road 1/4 mile. No gun decals on vehicles.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also leaving garage door openers in cars at night they can grab it and come in your house while you are sleeping. I have a 3 car garage and park all 3 cars inside. I have one neighbor that has a 3 car garage and it is so full of crap they can't park a single car in there. I smiled and waved at them last week as they were scraping their windows as I drove off. :D

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate this discussion. I am not a bumper sticker guy and really do not want to advertise I am a gun owner. After joining Red Castle, I had to have a member sticker for access to the outdoor range. i placed it on my rear window and it has bothered me since. I will remove and add a sticker to a vehicle magnet that can be easily removed when I leave the range.
Thanks again for the reminder.

PS this is what I ordered from Amazon

7BFE3C0A-79C3-403A-AF13-0AC23733BA2D.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom