Weapon mounted lights. Specifically pistol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of a light on a gun. If it's not truly a BG, then you are pointing a gun at a friendly. If it truly is a BG they will aim at the light putting you center mass. I like the idea of having the light in my off hand away from my body. .02

So guys always say this, but there's another school of thought to having your hand free and taking a chance that virtually nobody I have ever met can aim with ~200, 300, 500 Lumens in their face. That's just the risk I, personally, will take to have my other hand free.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a TLR 1 HL 800 lumen light on my glock 17. It is very bright but not so much that it causes me issues. I have done mock room clearing with it and it was great. I also have an 800 lumen inforce light on my AR. I also have a lux pro light from Lowe’s that I use as a regular flashlight. It is really good as well. You can adjust the area of the beam. Good luck.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have cleared many a room with a M4 with a light attached... Really affects the bad guy sitting in the blackness, so much so that I now have lights on all my HD/SD weapons. As far as the bad guy shooting center mass of the light, IF he has the vision after a sudden blast of white light, he has to be faster and better prepared. Running around with a light constantly on is not my MO, rather a sudden blast, identify TGT and engage. Your OODA loop (observe, orient, decide, and act) may vary. In the end, you have to see the TGT regardless of the method you use. I personally find it easier to grab one item, flip the switch and engage from the bed than fumble with a seperate light. Again, YMMV.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My room clearing days are over. Plus finding a holster for a gun with any attachment is almost impossible. In a war zone is a different thing, I would put a light laser combo on. In my 2 bedroom apt, I just don't feel the need. Trust me I love gadgets, and have tried many out. I just found they complicate things too much for me. I just like to keep things simple.

Latest posts

Top Bottom