Weapon mounted lights. Specifically pistol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Point taken. Thank you.
For a little clarity, I've shot some defensive and USPSA matches (indoor) that had dark stages. My night sights did help solely because while we shooters were mostly in very dark areas, the targets had at least SOME backlighting. I suppose we could see those conditions in real situations but it's probably not as likely as most would think. I'm still thinking about getting a fibre optic front sight on my new carry gun which is useless in total darkness. I really haven't made up my mind yet. With a light just about any type sight will work. I think bright green, yellow or orange front sights every bit as good as a tritium and if you have both (think Trijicon HDs and some Ameriglo) you'll likely never see the tritium in defensive use. You'll just "go" when you pick up that color and probably miss that glow in the middle completely.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a little clarity, I've shot some defensive and USPSA matches (indoor) that had dark stages. My night sights did help solely because while we shooters were mostly in very dark areas, the targets had at least SOME backlighting. I suppose we could see those conditions in real situations but it's probably not as likely as most would think. I'm still thinking about getting a fibre optic front sight on my new carry gun which is useless in total darkness. I really haven't made up my mind yet. With a light just about any type sight will work. I think bright green, yellow or orange front sights every bit as good as a tritium and if you have both (think Trijicon HDs and some Ameriglo) you'll likely never see the tritium in defensive use. You'll just "go" when you pick up that color and probably miss that glow in the middle completely.

I have these Truglo TFX Pro sights on my G19. They are best of both worlds with fiber optic and Tritium. Great in day light and pitch black. Any bit of ambient light makes them pop really well. Every bit as good as my Trijicon HDs on my Shield and XD40.

http://www.truglo.com/firearms-handgun/brite-site-tfx-pro-handgun-sights.asp

IMG_2175.JPG
IMG_2176.JPG
IMG_2166.JPG

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have these Truglo TFX Pro sights on my G19. They are best of both worlds with fiber optic and Tritium. Great in day light and pitch black. Any bit of ambient light makes them pop really well. Every bit as good as my Trijicon HDs on my Shield and XD40.

http://www.truglo.com/firearms-handgun/brite-site-tfx-pro-handgun-sights.asp

View attachment 122732 View attachment 122733 View attachment 122734
That is one loooonnnggggggg FS blade. But to Ameriglo's credit they are one of the few that make sights for H&K.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive seen the tips of those tru glow front sights break off under hard use

Truglos breaking was definitely a problem with the older designs. I'm not so sure about the new ones, as they are better built. I had the Tru Glo TFXs on an XDS .45 with at least 1500 rds through it. Not sure what "hard use" would be though.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Truglos breaking was definitely a problem with the older designs. I'm not so sure about the new ones, as they are better built. I had the Tru Glo TFXs on an XDS .45 with at least 1500 rds through it. Not sure what "hard use" would be though.

I wouldn't worry about the TFX breaking, even with hard use. THe fiber optic parts are mostly encased in metal so you'd really have to do something stupid to damage them. The front blade is pretty long but that is to house and utilize the fiber optic benefits. While the screw holding the front blade is small it can be tighten down with "Enough" blue thread locker to keep it firmly in place. I like these as much as my HDs.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have night-lights scattered throughout the house (bedrooms, bath, hall, den, & living room). Easier to make bathroom trips at night, and won't draw fire from an intruder if the alarm goes off.

YMMV. :drunk2:
I have motion sensor nite lites. It at least gives me an indication where to look. If he moves out of the light he will trip another sensor

Latest posts

Top Bottom