weird conversation with someone "with the temple police department"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Stillwater, it is illegal to park against the flow of traffic, whether parrallel or angled. Basically, you can't park on the wrong side of the street. I have been ticketed for it. A couple of times downtown where I worked at the time, even though we were putting on a car show, jackass meter maid ticketed me for it. Again at my own damn house. I pulled up ran inside to grab something, by the time I got out, ticket on the windshield. To say I had pissed of a meter maid (who are all guys here) or two would be an understatement. They really don't like it when you call them meter maids to their face. I had one try to tow my car because it was parked in front of the bay door of my shop in the alley. It wasn't blocking alley traffic, but that douche had a real hard-on for me. I tried to move it and he jumped in front of the car, I damn near ran over him. We almost came to blows on that one. My wife was about 10 months pregnant, due any minute and this ******* towed my car for no good reason, costing my $150 that I didn't have. He was on his radio calling for back up. He is the one that jumped in front my car, I wasn't trying to run over him.
oh, sorry, I went off a little....

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai.imgur.com_2OWN9.jpg

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Stillwater, it is illegal to park against the flow of traffic, whether parrallel or angled. Basically, you can't park on the wrong side of the street. I have been ticketed for it. A couple of times downtown where I worked at the time, even though we were putting on a car show, jackass meter maid ticketed me for it. Again at my own damn house. I pulled up ran inside to grab something, by the time I got out, ticket on the windshield. To say I had pissed of a meter maid (who are all guys here) or two would be an understatement. They really don't like it when you call them meter maids to their face. I had one try to tow my car because it was parked in front of the bay door of my shop in the alley. It wasn't blocking alley traffic, but that douche had a real hard-on for me. I tried to move it and he jumped in front of the car, I damn near ran over him. We almost came to blows on that one. My wife was about 10 months pregnant, due any minute and this ******* towed my car for no good reason, costing my $150 that I didn't have. He was on his radio calling for back up. He is the one that jumped in front my car, I wasn't trying to run over him.
oh, sorry, I went off a little....

Good thing meter maids aren't armed or you would have definitely been given one to the hip too.

Bigsaxy1270

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry bro, you got to meet small town "Smokie". There's lots of little towns with lots of small town cops. Yea, he's right, you parked illegally, but let's face it, who really gives a crap. If I have to take any enforcement actions off duty rest assured that that my credentials will be shown to you right behind the barrel of my gun.
I've only had to do this once in 12 years of being a cop and the guy on the other end of my gun went to jail for breaking into my car.
Lifes too short to worry about somebody parking job.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's only talking about parallel parking. Besides, if it was referring to angle parking, how can you get your wheels parallel to the curb? It says parallel AND within 18", not or. Although I must admit, backing into a angled parking spot seems quite odd. Why not just make a 3/4 U and park the normal way, regardless of what the law may allow?

Why would it be any diffrent? Yes I understand you cant get parallel to the curb but still it seems common sense to me that on a 2 way road you should park right hand wheel to the curb and U turns are not always legal either. I have gotten tickets for the 3/4 u turn in to a parking spot before.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Temple is all kinds of po-dunk, which then supports the fact that an LEO copped an attitude about the DIRECTION YOU WERE PARKED since he probably had nothing else to do all day. Temple blows, don't let it get to ya.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, he's right, you parked illegally, but let's face it, who really gives a crap.

Why would it be any diffrent? Yes I understand you cant get parallel to the curb but still it seems common sense to me that on a 2 way road you should park right hand wheel to the curb and U turns are not always legal either. I have gotten tickets for the 3/4 u turn in to a parking spot before.

Simply put the municipality may create an ordinance that you would never find in state statue....state statue gives them authority to do so. Making people park facing forward is common and not backing into a parking space is common.

Still am not convinced it was illegal, though I'm not so concerned about its legality. If its legal, oh well. If its illegal, still not a big deal. Nothing so far has been turned up by a fairly thorough reading of the temple ordinances. DieselTech, I would be inclined to agree with you if not for the fact that the TX statute I cited specifically distinguishes parallel parking from angled parking and therefore the parallel parking sections of the statute don't apply in thsi case

here are the muni codes for Temple, TX. I looked through them and did not find anything specific to backing in a parking space.

http://www.ci.temple.tx.us/DocumentCenterii.aspx?FID=26
thanks for a second check. I thought I may have missed it but a confirmation is nice

Temple is all kinds of po-dunk, which then supports the fact that an LEO copped an attitude about the DIRECTION YOU WERE PARKED since he probably had nothing else to do all day. Temple blows, don't let it get to ya.

This. Doesn't really get under my skin. I was more taken back by the attitude over something so trivial.

I guess the big lesson here is that if you are passing through Temple, and some guy with a pedo beard and rapist glasses cops an attitude with you, dare him to do something about your parking and then give him one to the hip for good measure :thumb:

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry bro, you got to meet small town "Smokie". There's lots of little towns with lots of small town cops. Yea, he's right, you parked illegally, but let's face it, who really gives a crap. If I have to take any enforcement actions off duty rest assured that that my credentials will be shown to you right behind the barrel of my gun.
I've only had to do this once in 12 years of being a cop and the guy on the other end of my gun went to jail for breaking into my car.
Lifes too short to worry about somebody parking job.

Ditto on that

Latest posts

Top Bottom