Weird mail with ONG logo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious if ONG blessed this mailing. It looks like they are attempting to be legit in the fine print so I suspect ONG let them use their logo for the marketing benefit. It seems really slimy and I can see some elderly getting conned by it thinking ONG had something to do with it. It came in a big open window envelope that you'd think was from ONG.

20231125_105031.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious if ONG blessed this mailing.
It's possible that they're using the name and logos without permission, but the chances are vanishingly small because willfully using trademarks without permission can cost big money. Whether they did it for money or because they thought it would be a valuable service for their customers, you can pretty much rest assured that ONG is getting some kind of remuneration for this.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could always just call ONG and ask.

800-664-5463

I believe it is probably legit, ONG's logo is probably there to assure customers that it's not a fly-by-night scam company. It's possible ONG will bill the monthly fee on your gas bill, but I don't know that and the letter doesn't say that I can see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom