Weird question came up today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rackit

New to the site!
Reaction score
My Dad ( now 88 years young and a vet of WW II and Korea) told me his Doc asked him if he had firearms in the house at a recent routine annual physical. Dad is a retired peace officer and still keeps his 41 mag service revolver close by. His answer to the Doc was " none of your f$($ing business.

His Doc told him that it was a required question after Obamacare as elderly people with access to a firearm have a higher percentage of suicide than those who don't. Wouldn't be surprised if this is at the root of your situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad ( now 88 years young and a vet of WW II and Korea) told me his Doc asked him if he had firearms in the house at a recent routine annual physical. Dad is a retired peace officer and still keeps his 41 mag service revolver close by. His answer to the Doc was " none of your f$($ing business.

LOL. If you think of it, give your dad thanks for his service and protection from the OSA community. Hats off to this man. :thumb:

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every single patient coming into the ER gets asked that question in addition to whether they "feel safe at home". Standard screening questions.

Yep. They do it on base every time you go in for something. Drill into your hand on accident? "Sir, do you feel like you might hurt yourself or someone else?". Every. Time.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mandated by the government. You have to ask these "safety" questions or you don't get paid.

Is this an acceptable reply? (Delete caption if required)

*****-please.jpg

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was asked something like that once and replied with this "Only if your nurse is really into S&M i will try to satisfy her if not im not into it"
He had a really knock out nurse at the time.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Just talked to my wife who does ER admitting and this was what she said. If you answer yes to any of those questions they will continue with the rest of the questions and when they're done, they will have you change into a gown and draw the curtains open so you can be observed. They then place you as an SI (suicide intentions) and notify the ER physician or psych doc on call to do an assessment. If during normal hours, the hospital behavioral assessment member will come down to do an assessment to see if you need a 72 hour time out or if you just need to follow up with your PC or Parkside.

Not sure if that was the answer you were looking for, but either way, I personally wouldn't want any medical form anywhere having my name attached to answering yes to those questions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom